Riesentöter Forums
Yep, they did it again... - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Yep, they did it again... (/showthread.php?tid=2824)

Pages: 1 2

- CarreraS - 08-01-2011

Another fantastic job by all of the organizers for this past weekend at WGI!!!

Myles, Paul, Marty, Adam, Rick, Steve, all of the instructors, the Tech Line guys, etc., etc......just a terrific, well-organized, well-run event!

Thanks for making these weekends so much fun!

- emayer - 08-01-2011

+1.  Outstanding event!

Thanks again for everyone's hard work.  RTR is a special group of folks, and I was thrilled to see familiar and new faces having fun out there.

- rbasales - 08-01-2011

I Agree ! A hearty Thank You to All!

- scwaters - 08-01-2011

+1  Great Job!

- eddiek - 08-02-2011

Absolutely a big +1.

Thanks again gents.

- Sechsgang - 08-02-2011

Was definitely an awesome time!

- MikeKling - 08-02-2011

Without qualification, our club can be proud of its leadership.  A changing of the guard is in the wind, and those who wish to carry the DE program forward are already learning those roles.  In a few cases, they are actually pullling double duty by continuing in their current roles concurrently.  Amazing commitment.

Last year Watkins Glen appreared to be my nemesis.  Despite the best efforts of my Instructor, I just couldn't get it.  I actually felt that I was not meant for this sport.  The car went up for sale.  Then, thanks to the encouragement (mostly in the form colorful expletives) of my RTR friends, I decided to give it another try. 

This Spring started with private coaching (by RTR members) and attending the heel/toe clinic (an RTR original).  I skill I had convinced myself I could never do.  Never say never with this group.

More encouragement, mentoring and practice followed and at our Lightning event and I was promoted to White Group.  Now on to Watkins Glen.

Anxiety faded into disappointment as the rains pelted us Friday morning.  Once on the track, running in Blue to avoid any undue pressure, I slowly started to get the feel of the track.  Nick Hatalski continued to point out that the track was actually quite safe as it provides plenty of run off room in the critical turns.   Graham Kngiht drove my car to show me what it could really do.  Ken Nielson took me for a ride in his car as well.  Both proved Nick out.  With proper lines and respect for the track it can be a great experience.

Sunday proved to be just that, a great experience.  With the proper skill sets learned and my confidence buoyed by several members telling me I was "looking good out there", I throughly enjoyed my sessions. 

I also thank all who continue to lead and support of DE program.  You efforts are truly appreciated.  Now on to Pocono!

- rhargy - 08-04-2011

I certainly second Mikes' sentiments and because it ws my first time up there thank the folks who got me around. The track is a heck of a lot of fun, but can be a bear to get comfortable with without some consistent coaching.

Thanks to John G and Glen C for riding and help. And special thanks to Nick Hatalski for the coaching especially on Turn 10 which was bedeviling me beyond all reason. I still have a lot of work to do on that track but my starting point will be so much better next time because of the coaching.

Really looking forward to the next time up there now.

- rbasales - 08-04-2011

I concur completely with Mike and Bob's statements. First, RTR is an awesome club and runs the best DE's. Thorough in organization from a safety and scheduling sense but not ridiculously over bearing or run as a police state, like some other clubs.
 Over the years I have had the best instructors at RTR; Jim Zelinski, Rick Owens, John Giannone to name a few. Over the past year John G and most especially Nick Hitalski have coached and taught me some advanced techniques such as threshold braking, trail braking and throttle steering. Their experience and ability to analyze specific traits in my driving has given me the ability to drive with confidence in the black group. The real results can be proven in lap times as at the Glen I went from last years best of 2:24 to a 2:12 last weekend. At Tbolt I went from 1:37 to 1:30. I highly recommend that new white group and/or black group drivers find a coach and work with them.
 Again my hats off to Myles, Rick, Marty, Paul and everyone on the DE team.

- Ajjra - 08-05-2011

Excellent Event.  I hope WGI makes the 2012 DE schedule twice Big Grin

Thanks to all of those who ran the event.

- Wade