Riesentöter Forums
Corvettes in a Porsche club? :) - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Corvettes in a Porsche club? :) (/showthread.php?tid=2878)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Jimbeau - 07-08-2011

Gonna miss your pink interior though. Wink

- DJbrand1 - 07-10-2011

Jimbeau wrote:
Quote:Gonna miss your pink interior though. Wink

It was burgundy! haha.

- betegh9 - 07-10-2011

Lainey wrote:
Quote:I'm jumping in here as the least experienced half of the Landstra duo... if I were choosing between a stock Cayman S and the Z06... I have to say I prefer the superb set up and handling of the corvette on the track.

But then again, it would be great to try a 911 for a change, too. Maybe someday!

That said, any car (porsche or vette) properly tuned and prepped will be fun to drive. The rate limiting factor as people have already said is "budget"...

Its refreshing that our club welcomes all marques - S2000's, Corvettes, BMW's as well as P-Cars.

Lainey!
You say: "I have to say I prefer the superb set up and handling of the corvette on the track."

You would not say that about a stock Vette......Mr. Landstra does a great job in set-up.....
Would you wana be my co-driver at the P&P AX event in August? You'll learn what it is to manhandle a wild beast without any aids......not even power brakes Confusedhock:. I am looking forward to a duel with that monster black ZO-6.......You know what RIESENTOTER means, right?:dude:

- Lainey - 07-13-2011

Thanks for the invitation Nick, I'll stick to the Vette (or my new car).... Not sure we're going to make P+P this year... a little over committed on the schedule!

Maybe Mike Ellis will be there with his Black Z06 - now THAT guy is FAST

- betegh9 - 07-13-2011

Lainey wrote:
Quote:Thanks for the invitation Nick, I'll stick to the Vette (or my new car).... Not sure we're going to make P+P this year... a little over committed on the schedule!

Maybe Mike Ellis will be there with his Black Z06 - now THAT guy is FAST

Ellis? I taught him everything he knows about AXing a while back, and you didn't answer my question: You know what RIESENTOTER means?
If you don't show up to PP event, I'll miss you guys!!

- stentech - 08-09-2011

One of the best thing about this club is the variety of cars and the level of preparation that many have gone through to make the car meet their needs on the track. The Corvettes that run with us seldom miss run sessions due to mechanical issues, The LS series engines are very durable and have a very flat torque curve that is great for a road racing application.Typically the reliability of any car component is going to become apparent the more it is subjected to thermal and mechanical stresses. The material utilization in the Porsche product line has some advantage in many area over the Corvettes but you also pay a price premium for that. These stresses become greater the faster you go on the track. One system that the 911s always seem to have a leg up is the the performance and durability of their brake system. They are often more than sufficient with nothing more than fluid change different pads and some cooling even when the cars are driven very hard at the track. The vetted on the other hand have a brake system tha is good but when I see guys that are really rolling in vetted they usually have a completely different brake set up. But with the money saved you can afford to upgrade. The fact is they are both great cars I suggest driving as many cars as possible and getting rides in as many cars as possible at the track and see what you like best eith way you can't go wrong and any questions you have about either cars can be answered by fellow club members.
Here is an interesting take on this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT7vLcaqx9s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

- Jimbeau - 08-10-2011

You just had to do it didn't you?  Follow up a nice fairly balanced write-up with "Corvette Guy".  Nice!  Tongue

It is funny though and could apply equally to "Mustang Guy".  Cool 

- MikeKling - 08-10-2011

PCA?

Porsche Corvette Association

- betegh9 - 08-10-2011

I fell assleep listening to the "Corvette Guy"

- stentech - 08-14-2011

I would like to Jim Rome get his "high profile European automobile" on the track. You "Corvette guys" would go by him so fast you would rip the paint off his ride.Big Grin