Riesentöter Forums
Summit Point Caravan - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Summit Point Caravan (/showthread.php?tid=2886)

- MikeKling - 10-11-2011

We will meet at the Peter J Camiel Service Plaza on the west bound turnpike just past the Downingtown exit on Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 2:00PM to bravely venture to Summit Point.

Anyone wishing to join in, post yourself.

It is rumored that Jim Wirth will be bringing a freshly made batch of his nearly world famous pumpkin spice scones.  These go especially well with a frappmappacappachino non fat venti latte with extra whip cream and carmel drizzle from Starbucks which, as it turns out, is located right at the plaza.

Bring your appetite.

- KennyB - 10-11-2011

Mike,

Assuming you're going down Rt. 81.  How long is that trip?  I usually go 95, around Baltimore, then west.  Under 3 hrs. with trailer.

Maybe the scones would make it worth any extra travel time...

- CarreraS - 10-11-2011

2:00 PM sounds good!!! Thank God none of us have real jobs!

- MikeKling - 10-12-2011

Dr Ken,

We will run the Turnpike then south on Interstate 81, Exit at Winchester and then to the track.  Should be just shy of 4 hours.  I have had good luck with this route as it is non stop until the traffic light at the end of the exit ramp in Winchester.  Lots of EZ on and off to fill up and drain out. 

Then there are the scones........

- StoogeMoe203 - 10-13-2011

Does anybody know what the trailer drop off times are at Summit?

- MikeKling - 10-13-2011

Trailer drop off is from 5PM until around 8PM.  Beer drinking within those time parameters as well.  Are you going to join us?

- rhargy - 10-14-2011

Mike I'll probably join you for the run down as I'll most likely be leaving from the office in Downingtown. Will confirm next week.

- Lainey - 10-14-2011

I'm flying in from Hot-Lanta and arrive by 3PM. Stevie will have both cars loaded and my guess is we will be on the road by 4:30pm. See you guys at the Paddock down there - scones and all!

P.S. Jim do you make any low carb?

- StoogeMoe203 - 10-14-2011

MikeKling wrote:
Quote:Trailer drop off is from 5PM until around 8PM. Beer drinking within those time parameters as well. Are you going to join us?
You guys are too far south for me. I'll be taking be taking the high road from 78 to 81.

Maybe we'll meet for brews at the track. Big Grin

- MikeKling - 10-15-2011

Lainey,

I know you and Steve are well traveled and imangine you have enjoyed cuisine from the the far corners of several continents.  Its my sad to duty to inform you that you have not lived life to the fullest until you have sampled Jim Wirth's scones. 

I'm not sure if such a Master will compromise and produce a low carb varient, but one never knows.  On rare occasions, a gifted artist such as he, can sometimes be assuaged to compromise his recipe.  Don't get your hopes up though, I'm sure you know how tempermental artists tend to be.

In any event, I will be sure to have plenty of cold libations present Thursday evening.