Riesentöter Forums
Ready..Now it wont snow - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Ready..Now it wont snow (/showthread.php?tid=291)

Pages: 1 2 3

- smankow - 02-14-2007

did it leave you with a smile on your face  Big Grin

- Brian Minkin - 02-14-2007

No...I found out that in addition to breaking the v belt last year which I replaced the big tree limb i hit also broke the auger differential and only half the auger is spinning so I got to take the dam thing apart again.  A least it has enough HP to  move the snow with half an auger.

- Wally - 02-14-2007

Brian, not to sound stupid, but did you check to see if the sheaar bolt

is broken?  Most snow blowers have them.  I use a 1/4-20x2 bolt to

repair mine.  Good luck.

- Wellardmac - 02-14-2007

I got out the snow shovels... as I said, not enough snow to justify me getting it out of the shed, inflating the tires and gassing it up. It was nice to have some exercise clearing the snow... plus it got me in the mood for my upcoming ski trip. Smile

- Tony356993 - 02-14-2007

Quote:It was nice to have some exercise clearing the snow...

I watched exercise on tv once. Big Grin

Wally wrote:
Quote:Brian, not to sound stupid, but did you check to see if the sheaar bolt

is broken? Most snow blowers have them. I use a 1/4-20x2 bolt to

repair mine. Good luck.

Yep, the first thing I checked when there was no spin. So another weekend project.

Its something in the diff. Spins some of the time on the right side and always on the left side.

Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:I got out the snow shovels... as I said, not enough snow to justify me getting it out of the shed, inflating the tires and gassing it up. It was nice to have some exercise clearing the snow... plus it got me in the mood for my upcoming ski trip. Smile
With a driveway my size you would still be shoveling if you started about 9 this AM. Still took 3 hours to clear it all with the blower and its a massive 30" blower. I got lots of exercise just walking behind it.

- Wellardmac - 02-14-2007

That's a big driveway - sounds like the one I had in my last house (that caused me to buy my snowblower) Smile

- Wally - 02-14-2007

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:I got out the snow shovels... as I said, not enough snow to justify me getting it out of the shed, inflating the tires and gassing it up. It was nice to have some exercise clearing the snow... plus it got me in the mood for my upcoming ski trip. Smile
With a driveway my size you would still be shoveling if you started about 9 this AM. Still took 3 hours to clear it all with the blower and its a massive 30" blower. I got lots of exercise just walking behind it.
Hey Brian, consider yourself lucky, I just finished plowing my 400 feet of driveway plus parking. Come on Spring!!!!Wink

- APXD 30 - 02-15-2007

So what were the totals?   The local news say 7.2" for the Lehigh Valley.   I'm thinking that got about 5.5-6." 

I did go to the office yesterday for a couple of hours.   On my way, I saw an Excursion that stuck trying to pull a 2 car enclosed trailer.    What are people thinking?

Anyone else venture out or see anything of interest?