Riesentöter Forums
Second Annual Winterfest at T-bolt!!! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Second Annual Winterfest at T-bolt!!! (/showthread.php?tid=2956)

Pages: 1 2

- emayer - 11-01-2012

It's back!!!

I hope everyone endured the hurricane safely. I thought it would be a nice change to divert our attention a bit to something we all love: driving!

For those who haven't heard of this event before, I'm compiling a group of 20 intermediate/advanced drivers (PCA White group or above) for a sickening amount of open track time!

The details:

Date- SAT Dec 8th
Venue- NJMP Thunderbolt
Garages will be available.
Flaggers included
Continental breakfast and warm lunch provided

Total cost $450-500 (estimate)

Thanks to all who have expressed interest. There are still positions available. Please let me know ASAP if you are able to attend. Once a roster is compiled, I cannot give refunds unless a replacement driver is found.

IMPORTANT: For a fee increase of $50 per driver, we can potentially run on Nov 17 or 24th. Given the recent storm and Thanksgiving approaching I didn't select these dates however if the overall consensus is to do so, we can still switch.

Hope to see you out there soon! :dude:

- emayer - 11-02-2012

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Unfortunately the venue was booked by another party for Dec 8th before I could get sufficient responses.

Our options at this time:

Nov 24 (after Thanksgiving)

Dec 15

Please let me know preferences ASAP and/or dates that you cannot participate. 

Sorry for having to make this change...

- Brian Minkin - 11-02-2012

Either date works for me assuming the 993 oil leak is resolved.

- Terry - 11-02-2012

I could do 12/15 but do we get a refund if the track is snowbound?

- michael lang - 11-03-2012

Eric, I really want to go but I'm not sure if I will be able to. When is the deadline for signing up?

- emayer - 11-03-2012

There are no refunds, but if event is cancelled we can choose another date.

Sign-up is first-come first-serve basis.

I'll probably make a decision on whether the event is to be held and final date toward the end of next week. 

If for some reason we cannot do it this year, I'll make every effort to get a group together next year and create a roster earlier in the season in order to ensure we can book a desired date.

Thanks to all who have expressed interest so far!

- emayer - 11-18-2012

Drivers:

I'm sorry to say that the Winterfest event is cancelled this year.

At this time I have about 12 interested participants which would make the track day cost prohibitive. Thanks to all who expressed interest, I'll try to arrange another gathering a bit earlier next year.

Happy Thanksgiving!

- rbasales - 11-18-2012

Eric
Sorry to hear winterfest was cancelled. I would have loved to attend, unfortunately my car was a victim in hurricane Sandy. Several other RTR "shore birds" suffered a similar fate.
Luckily I was well insured as we lost a couple other vehicles, most of the garage crawl space contents and had some window and door damage.Compared to a lot of homes and businesses on our island we were very fortunate.
Now he fun starts , what to buy to satisfy my addiction?

- emayer - 11-19-2012

I was worried that this may have happened and am truly sorry that several RTR folks like yourself incurred losses from Sandy.

In the grand scheme of things, with everyone safe and sound, I support your positive attitude looking forward to a new replacement track weapon...

My biased 2 cents knowing how good a driver you are and the fact that you've invested in track goodies for the 997 platform:

997 GT3/ 997 GT3RS.  There is no substitute!  :dude:

Version I may allow you to use your existing wheels though rollbars, seats, etc. will be fine for all variants.

Best of luck in your search and to everyone else in the same predicament.

- rbasales - 11-19-2012

thanks for your thoughts, i am leaning that way all though I am investigating and listening to some of the Cayman "buzz".