Riesentöter Forums
2013 Planes & Porsches? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: 2013 Planes & Porsches? (/showthread.php?tid=3006)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- Vytenis - 02-06-2013

Are we having a Planes & Porsches event this year?

"V"

- Brian Minkin - 02-06-2013

The Blood Bank Chairty and Millium Aviation are interested in having the event again but the AX chair is not willing to take on organizing the event.  Steve McMorn has the organization of the event Blue Printed so it would not be that difficult or time consuming to put together if someone would step up as the leader/organizer.

- APXD 30 - 02-06-2013

Brian,

Send me a PM with your number.   I would like to talk.   I missed this event last year.   Good cause, good fun, and great national exposure for the club.

- NumeroUnoPA - 02-07-2013

:? :? :? :? :?

We think it is important to bring it back this year.  A couple of past sponsors have inquired if it will happen this year.  I think this need 3 or 4 people to handle different aspects.  Maggie and I would be willing to pick up a piece.

:dude: :dude: :dude: :dude: :dude:

- STEVEMCMORN - 02-07-2013

Although we are a volunteer organization, in what world is it acceptable that the autocross chair can't be arsed to organize an autocross??

We spent 3 years setting up Planes and Porsches and Ian Curtis spent another year perfecting the recipe. Together, with the help of Vee, Kling, Landstra et al., we made PnP into the most successful single day event on the club's annual calendar attracting over 400 people, we had corporate sponsors, TV coverage, an article in Pano, FREE food, beer and wine and over 4 years, we made over $20K profit which we donated to local charities.

When we handed over the blue print for PnP last year, the current AX Chair promised faithfully that he was fully committed to PnP ... but here we are 1 year later, looking like PnP has died a death as a result of broken promises and sheer laziness.

Given the current AX Chairs primary interest seems to be getting his car on the front cover of Der Gasser as many times as possible and selling as many cars as possible to our club members while pretending to be the AX chair but actually doing nothing constructive, it seems to me that the Club should reconsider their support of Porsche of Conshohoken and moving the April monthly membership meeting to another venue. Since the Miller Keystone Blood bank is the real loser in this sad tale, perhaps we could hold a blood drive at their Lionville Donation site instead.

- saucerman - 02-07-2013

Though I agree that planes and Porsche is a great event, it was not the primary responibility of the current autocross chair to keep it going. He went uncontested in this year's election and did not commit to pnp one way or another. If people on this forum want pnp to continue step up to the plate and take it on. Just because the previous autocross chairs promoted a great event doesn't mean the current chair has to follow suit. We are a car club first and formost we do not have to find charitable organizations to donate our time or money. Now I do find it a great contribution of our club but it's not a necessity. Autocross is about running through cones in a parking lot and not making money. Again if you don't like it step up to the plate we are more than happy to promote such a great event - it doesn't have to fall under the autocross chair

- STEVEMCMORN - 02-08-2013

saucerman wrote:
Quote:Though I agree that planes and Porsche is a great event, it was not the primary responibility of the current autocross chair to keep it going. He went uncontested in this year's election and did not commit to pnp one way or another. If people on this forum want pnp to continue step up to the plate and take it on. Just because the previous autocross chairs promoted a great event doesn't mean the current chair has to follow suit. We are a car club first and formost we do not have to find charitable organizations to donate our time or money. Now I do find it a great contribution of our club but it's not a necessity. Autocross is about running through cones in a parking lot and not making money. Again if you don't like it step up to the plate we are more than happy to promote such a great event - it doesn't have to fall under the autocross chair

Hey there Jeff Walton, current RTR vice president! Thanks for joining the discussion using your anonymous pseudo name, Saucerman. Before I disagree with everything you've said, lets start with a fun fact. Of the 4 posts you've made on this forum since 2008, 50% of them have been replies to me ...... it's like we are cosmic forum buddies.........

Anywho, I digress. If the AX chair isn't expected to run AX's, what is his role? what would happen if the DE chaired couldn't be bothered to run DEs? What would happen if the Secretary refused to take meeting minutes?? What would happen if the VP refused to do anything ....... oh, now I get it

As the Speed Council basically runs the Pocono AX and the AX chair can't be arsed to set up an RTR AX, what's his role? Please don't tell me it is setting up other AX roadshow events as that takes absolutely no work at all --- I know because i invented the roadshow concept ....... back in the day when we managed to somehow, miraculously to set up PnP and organized another 6 roadshow events. 1 forum post and bada bing, done

WRT to the roadshow, the deal I made with other clubs was that we would attend their events and they would attend ours. If RTR can no longer be bothered to host our own event, yet we continue to mooch off the other clubs by attending their well organized events, that seems a bit disingenuous and unfair to me .....

Ultimately, I am not upset that 4 years of hard work have gone down the drain or that local charities will suffer, I'm upset because the AX Chair can't be arsed to organize a single event yet is happy to milk the club for all it is worth.

Promises were made .....but promised were not kept. Where's the honor in that?

- STEVEMCMORN - 02-08-2013

Thank you to everyone who has emailed me behind the scenes
Count stands as 5 for and 1 against

#6 had a good point ... and I quote
"Leave him alone Steve, better to have a useless c-word than no c-word at all"

Fair point ..... although he didn't use "c-word"

- saucerman - 02-08-2013

I wholeheartedly agree that the autocross chair should run the autocross events and frankly I'm disappointed we have yet to have an autocross schedule on the books and it's fast closing in on spring.  Again it really isn't the responsibility for the autocross department to take on charities - I don't know what exactly was promised to who or what or when and with aside I think planes and Porsche should continue as  it was a great event...if the autocross chair doesn't want to add this it to his seemingly diminishing responsibilities which they are not the next logic question would be - do you want to take this on again?  The club would be very happy to promote this to what it once was as I'm sure Sandra and KM would appreciate the support you helped build up over the years. 

Saucerman...aka Jeff Walton

- CarreraS - 02-08-2013

STEVEMCMORN wrote:
Quote:We had...FREE food, beer and wine...

Steve:

You had me at FREE food. Although I've never attended this event in the past due to scheduling conflicts with running Little League tournaments, I'm in, if this ever gets re-started. I love you man...TongueTongueTongue

As for Jeff's assertion that we are a car club without any necessity to donate to charity, I wholeheartedly DISAGREE. As a non-profit entity, we have the responsibility to give back to our communities in some way. Let's face it, the large majority of us have been pretty blessed with success...enough success to be able to afford to buy and maintain a special brand of automobile. How shallow would we be if we didn't make an effort to contribute to charity in some way as a result of this shared interest? If we're not running any charitable events anymore, I think it is incumbent upon the board to take every surplus dollar in the club's coffer at the end of each year and disburse it to charity. I don't want my dues or my registration fees being used to build up cash in the club's treasury if there will no longer be a charitable component to our membership. I believe many members feel the same way.