Riesentöter Forums
2013 Planes & Porsches? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: 2013 Planes & Porsches? (/showthread.php?tid=3006)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- saucerman - 02-14-2013

Agreed. I was pretty damn proud of the work Steve and etal did that's why I wanted to write the article for pano a few years ago. It was a great cause and an awesome time. I am hopimg that people will rally for the new charity for it too is a very worthy cause worth the support of all these great members.

Thanks David

- NumeroUnoPA - 02-15-2013

:X :X :X :X :X

And I had come to think Congress was the most disfunctional organization ever known.  This decison by the board makes Congress look like a well oiled machine.  When a large portion of the club wants to make this charitable event work, you run and hide behind bylaws and procedures.  A real board would be finding a way to make it work and not hide.  DO YOUR JOB.

Many of the Autocross crowd are getting together tomorrow (see other thread).  If the board wants to act like grownups, come and explain this decision to that group.  I doubt anyone but Jon will because you would rather hide.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

- csmith74 - 02-15-2013

I'm inclined to agree. This is a classic case of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. Steve's rant was childish and his ultimatum obviously unrealistic, but that doesn't excuse the board from taking advantage of an opportunity to do some image polishing with very little effort on their part. When is the last time a proposed event drew such enthusiastic support from so many members? I urge the board to reconsider. All they have to do to put the ball firmly back in Mr. McMorn's court is to say they'll endorse P&P but will not reschedule the regular monthly meeting.

- CarreraSupercharged - 02-15-2013

Well said Dave

I though the PCA Modo was :

It's not Just the Cars,.. It's about the people"

Well, the exec board made sure it was JUST about the Cars,.... and gave a big finger to the people who really wanted this event to happen.

,.... I may have to look at transfering my membership with a Club that realy cares,....

- betegh9 - 02-15-2013

There is going to be a group of AX regulars getting together this Saturday. I am sure that the topic will surface with heavy discussion. I do not blame Jon wholly for not taking on PnP last year, because such an event requires to be organized and run by the WHOLE club. AX is only a small aspect of PnP, and even that is best done by comity, not just by one person.
This is not the place for one person getting the credit.....or the blame. It is the CLUB, and no names need to be mentioned.
Can't we just swallow our INDIVIDUAL pride and move on PRODUCTIVELY? Sad

- STEVEMCMORN - 02-15-2013

csmith74 wrote:
Quote: Steve's rant was childish

Hey!!! It is totally unfair to ever consider me to be a grown up!!! Big Grin

With regards to 2013 PnP, I (& my team) are totally willing to take full responsibility for the set up and conduct of this event at Millennium Aviation in aid of Miller Keystone Blood Bank. No one ever expected POC to be cancelled, we (I) were just throwing fuel on the fire to provoke a reaction ...... and b'jesus it surely did work!

The People want PnP so lets do it

We have free beer, we have free hot dogs, all I need is PCA AX insurance cover and we are good to go

We can run this as a stand alone event or just like in previous year, we can use it as the July or August RTR monthly meeting (depending on dates and availability)

I might be childish and I may be inflammatory (although I am having a f-load of fun) .... but at the end of the day, I get can it done when others dont seem to have the motivation or testicular-fortitude

As Nick Benz's says "Actions speak louder than word" .... so lets get this done

Whose with me???

- MikeKling - 02-15-2013

STEVEMCMORN wrote:
Quote:csmith74 wrote:
Quote:Steve's rant was childish

Hey!!! It is totally unfair to ever consider me to be a grown up!!! Big Grin

With regards to 2013 PnP, I (& my team) are totally willing to take full responsibility for the set up and conduct of this event at Millennium Aviation in aid of Miller Keystone Blood Bank. No one ever expected POC to be cancelled, we (I) were just throwing fuel on the fire to provoke a reaction ...... and b'jesus it surely did work!

The People want PnP so lets do it

We have free beer, we have free hot dogs, all I need is PCA AX insurance cover and we are good to go

We can run this as a stand alone event or just like in previous year, we can use it as the July or August RTR monthly meeting (depending on dates and availability)

I might be childish and I may be inflammatory (although I am having a f-load of fun) .... but at the end of the day, I get can it done when others dont seem to have the motivation or testicular-fortitude

As Nick Benz's says "Actions speak louder than word" .... so lets get this done

Whose with me???
Me.

- BBrandis - 02-15-2013

If I may, I would like to throw in my two cents. I'm the one who actually approached RTR last week about doing a charity AX based upon PnP. I did not know at the time about all the controversy surround PnP AX. I can assure you the charity is very worth while and it appears the be quite a bit of enthusiasm, a basis for a AX committee and support for a charity AX. My only question would be is it the charity itself (Miller Keystone) the reason for the AX or just the simple fact that there is a charity that would be very appreciative of the support of RTR? The blueprint is already there from PnP; however it might just be a matter of applying it at a different venue and different charity. I believe the important thing is that we do something for the community.

- CarreraS - 02-15-2013

Steve, you bald-headed, check grabbing, red coat...I'll help you any way I can.Cool

- STEVEMCMORN - 02-15-2013

CarreraS wrote:
Quote:Steve, you bald-headed, check grabbing, red coat...I'll help you any way I can.Cool

could you start by driving a bit faster??
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin