Riesentöter Forums
2013 Planes & Porsches? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: 2013 Planes & Porsches? (/showthread.php?tid=3006)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- Lainey - 02-09-2013

Nick, I'm not running the AX - but I am volunteering... I'm sure Steve can scrounge up a few fill in spots if there aren't enough P-cars....

- Phokaioglaukos - 02-10-2013

Wally wrote:
Quote:Yo Guys,

Let's cool it. We're losing focus about the PnP AX. Let's put our energy into the event. The AX part is relatively easy, getting sponsors, donors and exhibitors is more of a daunting problem. I think that's where our energy should be aimed. It will be discussed at the Exec. this week.

Paul

I'm very late to this thread--my home PC had a hickup. I've never been a fan of AX having last done a season with SCCA in 2005 and I always had a schedule conflict with PnP, BUT I volunteered to Steve by e-mail to help out this year.

Oh, yes, and I nominate Paul's post above for the constructive thought of the day award. Thanks, Paul!

- jimsanl8apex - 02-11-2013

Let us know. Knopf Porsche would be happy to donate a gift bag for the auction.

- NumeroUnoPA - 02-11-2013

:? :? :? :? :?

Paul thanks for your comments and those that followed.

We never thought at 64 we would considered "new guard".  Planes and Porsches is a great event that does great things for the community and we are willing to help.

This forum was about getting PnP up and running.  We should stick to that.  If you have a problem with autocross or the chair start a new forum and get off this one.  Better yet, volunteer to run for the autocross chair.

If the executive committee will discuss this issue, then here is our suggestion.  PnP is too important to dump in the lap of the autocross chair.  Find someone at the beginning of each year to run the event.  Autocross is a piece of this event and task the autocross chair organize that portion.

Maggie and I look forward to a successful Planes and Porsches whether Steve or someone else runs the event.  Let us know how we can help. 

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

- pearlcoupeg35 - 02-12-2013

For the Record --- i am not on a side since i know all people invovled and think they are all awesome CAR GUYS - and isnt that the real reason we are all here anyways?

The real question is - How has this thread gone 3 pages without anyone suggesting a good old fashioned race?!?! Those who think one way vs. those who think another will duke it out at this years PnP and the winner takes all!!! I for one would donate towards a good charitable organization (and have my business match it) to see that take place. Winner even gets the cover of the Der Gasser. So how about it? Lets skip all this 501© crap and burn a little rubber....(joking CPA guys - solid info there)

PS: Steve, you are a complete wildman - glad to see the 3 ladies in the house havent taken the life out of ya! Hope to see ya soon for a beer or 9 hahahahaha Cheers!!!

- STEVEMCMORN - 02-12-2013

pearlcoupeg35 wrote:
Quote:How has this thread gone 3 pages without anyone suggesting a good old fashioned race?!?!

I like it - I'm in

1 run
no practice
keep times hidden until both done
both drive a neutral car that neither of us have driven before - how about Nick's old 911
Loser donates $1000 to Miller Keystone

- pearlcoupeg35 - 02-12-2013

STEVEMCMORN wrote:
Quote:pearlcoupeg35 wrote:
Quote:How has this thread gone 3 pages without anyone suggesting a good old fashioned race?!?!

I like it - I'm in

1 run
no practice
keep times hidden until both done
both drive a neutral car that neither of us have driven before - how about Nick's old 911
Loser donates $1000 to Miller Keystone

hahahahaha....i love how you jumped right on it. Sounds good to me man - worst comes to worst it can be me vs. you (even though i am a novice)

- Ccns23 - 02-12-2013

I'll offer up my car (whichever one I have at the time) as the "neutral" ride.

Smile

- betegh9 - 02-12-2013

My car seems to be the preferred ride, but I must warn anyone that wants to co drive my car (for a fee and donation to the cause) that you must have your game ON since this car does not have any of the aids you newbies are used to. Just for fun, I may tweak the suspension just for this event to have more fun with it.
Any takers?

- STEVEMCMORN - 02-12-2013

Jon Wright - not me vs you; me vs fu*knuts

Chris Ccns 23 - a cayman is hardly neutral given fu*knuts has one

Nick - your car sounds perfect ... but if I have $1000 on the line, no ride alongs, no inside info, no test runs ..... and no passengers