Riesentöter Forums
Where are the mandatory rules posted for using jack stands, etc.? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Where are the mandatory rules posted for using jack stands, etc.? (/showthread.php?tid=3019)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Phokaioglaukos - 05-03-2012

Can't let this thread die. Air jacks do not need constant pressure to keep the car up, so the hose can be disconnected. I would not be eager to get upder the car with air jacks in use, but I do change tires that way. I also watch my toes when lowering the car!

- larrybard - 05-03-2012

Phokaioglaukos wrote:
Quote:Can't let this thread die.

I have created a monster!

- ccm911 - 05-03-2012

Phokaioglaukos wrote:
Quote:Can't let this thread die. Air jacks do not need constant pressure to keep the car up, so the hose can be disconnected. I would not be eager to get upder the car with air jacks in use, but I do change tires that way. I also watch my toes when lowering the car!

Actually, there is a safety mechanism with air jacks. If you watch them work, you will see the car rise slightly before coming down.

When a buddy of mine was curator for a cup car we got pretty good with using them.

- CarreraS - 05-03-2012

Chris:

I just bought a race car equipped with air jacks...where do you get your Nitrogen and what size tank do you use?

LMK

Thanks!

- Phokaioglaukos - 05-03-2012

Paul Walsack suggested John Posen, 1214 Skippack Pike, Blue Bell, PA 19422. I don't have enough experience using it to know how long a given tank lasts--I got a large 5' tank from a buddy. I suppose it also depends on whether you use air tools from the tank. Note that the air jacks want 400 PSI or so, and the only hose rated that high (500 PSI) that I found was the Goodyear Gorilla hose in bright yellow. I also had a devil of a time sourcing quick disconnects rated for even 400 PSI. Used Zoro Tools on-line.

- CarreraS - 05-03-2012

Thanks! The car came with the hose. I just need a tank and regulator.

- betegh9 - 05-03-2012

Felker! Take that crap out, too much weight. Use a standard floor jack and jack stands.........even though pressing a hose on a chuck is pretty convenient when changing brakes and wheels.

- Terry - 05-03-2012

I suggest we promulgate some other common sense rules.
1. When you see that someone has parked his car, trailer and tow vehicle at an event, don't park your own stuff to block him in or out. Why this isn't obvious is beyond me.
2. Don't borrow tools without permission and return them in the same or better condition as received.
3. Avoid making stupid anti-lawyer jokes.

- larrybard - 05-03-2012

Agree on #1.
Agree on #2 only if you meant to put a comma immediately following "permission".
I'll take the position that professional conflict precludes me from adding an even more inane comment on #3.

- betegh9 - 05-04-2012

#3.. Terry, what do you call an 85 year old and IQ under 80?
Hint: It is in the lawyer category........kind of.