Riesentöter Forums
Der Gasser News Letter - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Der Gasser (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Der Gasser News Letter (/showthread.php?tid=3021)

- David Newton - 10-02-2012

This forum is for the purpose of supporting the Der Gasser newsletter. We welcome your ideas, suggestions, comments and questions. If there is a more appropriate location, I didn't find it. I'll volunteer to keep an eye on the posts and respond as needed.

Big Grin

- David Newton - 10-02-2012

Need your help!

Short Track is the monthly column that introduces a board member (Driving Influence) and a "new" member (Green Group) oposite each other. A picture of the member/car and short answers to a few questions is all that's needed!

We need a new member volunteer for the October issue by the end of this week or risk omitting the month entirely (boo)! Take a look at the latest Der Gasser Short Track; it's a fun way to put names and faces together.

If you can help us out, post a message and/or contact me directly with a direct message or DNewtonUSA@Comcast.net

- David Newton - 10-31-2012

Now that the forum is set up and in it's unique location, please post your comments, ideas and suggestions.

We want to deliver each month an issue filled with interesting content that appeals to ALL Riesentöter members; whether you are interested in DE, Autocross, or social events.

If you have an idea for a story, let us know... better yet, if you HAVE an article, send it in! AND if you have comments, criticisms suggestions or questions, post it here! This is YOUR newsletter, and we want to hear from you if you have something to say. This forum is monitored daily.

Big Grin

RE: Der Gasser News Letter - David Newton - 03-29-2013

C'mon guys... there's like 400 visits out there (I think they're all mine)!

Don't be shy... if there's something you'd like to see in Der Gasser, or there you have other suggestions, we are glad to entertain/improve/consider.

Let us know. First post (besides me) gets to hear the joke of the day (car related of course).

Cool

RE: Der Gasser News Letter - Racer X - 04-02-2013

Hi Dave,

I had sent an e-mail to the editor back on March 15th, but never received a reply. Here's the e-mail:

Date: Mar 15, 2013 2:17:39 PM
Subject: Der Gasser article submission question
To: editor@rtr-pca.org

Hi Dave,

At the recent RTR-PCA member meeting at Fabspeed, you mentioned that you needed material to publish in Der Gasser. I don't know if DIY projects are something you would publish, but I recently upgraded the CDR-23 fiber-optic stereo in my 2004 911 to a 6.2 inch navigation unit, and documented the process with pictures. I've composed an MS Word document detailing the project.

If that's something you would be interested in, I can forward the Word document to you. It's a 5.7mb DOCX file. If that format is a problem, I can send the text and pictures separately. Let me know.

Thanks.

Steve

RE: Der Gasser News Letter - David Newton - 04-02-2013

Hi Steve,

My apologies that you did not receive a reply; I am copied on the editor emails so I do remember your email. I will ask Dave Hathaway (RTR editor) to respond; he may have missed the email.

Thanks for your response and I will make sure you get a reply.

David

(04-02-2013, 12:51 PM)Racer X Wrote: Hi Dave,

I had sent an e-mail to the editor back on March 15th, but never received a reply. Here's the e-mail:

Hi Dave,

At the recent RTR-PCA member meeting at Fabspeed, you mentioned that you needed material to publish in Der Gasser. I don't know if DIY projects are something you would publish, but I recently upgraded the CDR-23 fiber-optic stereo in my 2004 911 to a 6.2 inch navigation unit, and documented the process with pictures. I've composed an MS Word document detailing the project.

If that's something you would be interested in, I can forward the Word document to you. It's a 5.7mb DOCX file. If that format is a problem, I can send the text and pictures separately. Let me know.

Thanks.

Steve

RE: Der Gasser News Letter - David Newton - 04-02-2013

Oh, and in the mean time, please send the document to the editor so we can evaluate for the newsletter.

David

(04-02-2013, 12:51 PM)Racer X Wrote: Hi Dave,

Hi Dave,

Thanks.

Steve

RE: Der Gasser News Letter - David Newton - 05-07-2013

A shameless plea for Defining Moment subjects as well as new members for Short Track.

DEFINING MOMENT: Bet you have a story on how you were bitten by the Porsche bug. Whether it happened when you were a kid or last month when you bought your 911, I know you have a story to tell!

SHORT TRACK: A comparison of new members (less than a year) and board members. This is about the easiest way to participate in the Der Gasser news letter.

Contact me if you can help; here on the forum or directly at DNewtonUSA@iCloud.com

Cool

RE: Der Gasser News Letter - daiver8772911 - 09-20-2013

How often is it printed? When was the last one sent out?

RE: Der Gasser News Letter - saucerman - 09-21-2013

It's created each month in digital format and can be printed anytime you hit the print button Big Grin

you may see all the pdf's here

or you may visit the home page of our website and view the current issue as a flip book or as a pdf depending on your device....it looks great in a tablet