Riesentöter Forums
Time to move on to next chapter... - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Time to move on to next chapter... (/showthread.php?tid=3038)

- jakp993 - 02-20-2013

It's quite difficult for me to post this since DE has been such a large part of my life for the past 10 years... But, it's time to move on to the next chapter, or in this case, to a previous chapter...

Carol and I have fallen back in love with cycling! We've been cycling together for 30 some years and have realized that it's our true source of enjoyment. I found that I really enjoyed the track while I was at the track, but I did not miss it while I was away. In contrast, I look forward to every opportunity to ride my bike.

There just isn't enough time for work, track, and cycling. So, at this stage, the track is low man on the totem pole.

While I won't be regular at events, don't be surprised if you see me from time to time, cause you Porsche track people are the BEST!!

Oh, and if you are looking for a nice car - I happen to have one for sale: http://rtr-pca.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=3018&pid=30349#pid30349

Take care,
Jack

- Wally - 02-21-2013

WOW!  When I heard about you decision at last nights meeting it was like a punch in the stomach.  You are one of the "true gentlemen" of the track program and will be missed.  The best to you and Carol, don't be strangers.Smile

Paul

- ccm911 - 02-21-2013

Best of luck Jack. As our lives progress, priorities change. You are certainly not the only one to have passed through these hallowed halls of Drivers Ed, only to take a different direction as circumstances dictate. But when all is said and done, you will always have ten years of great track memories.

Have fun with the cycling.

Know that you will be missed.

- CarreraS - 02-21-2013

Jack, not to slight any other instructors but, when I first started in this insane hobby I had the pleasure of listening intently to one of your classroom sessions. As you stood before us Greenies, your whole demeanor and passion conveyed all that is good about this sport. While I never had the pleasure of having you sit on the passenger side of my car, I still utilize many of the techniques and thoughts you communicated to us in the classroom that day. Thank you on behalf of all the students who were beneficiaries of your knowledge!

- StoogeMoe203 - 02-21-2013

I guess the phrase should be "It's not the people, it's the bikes".  Wink

We've been missing you for the last couple of years.  Thanks for all your contributions to our club over the years.  You've helped us to be one of the best in the country!  Hopefully we can continue the legacy.

- jakp993 - 02-22-2013

Thanks for the kind words everyone. This is a great group of people. I'm sure I'll see you around. I'd still like to instruct at an event or two. Maybe Brian would let me do the classroom sessions as I really did enjoy that part of beib chief instructor.

Cya

- emayer - 02-22-2013

Jack and Carol,

Your teachings, club contributions, and demeanor have been a wonderful asset to the club and will be sorely missed.  I've been one of the many benefeciaries and can't thank you both enough.

Best of luck in your new endeavors and remember that your RTR family is always here with open arms.

- Brian Minkin - 02-22-2013

Jack,

Just let me know when.  Your always welcome to educate our students.

- pearlcoupeg35 - 02-22-2013

Jack, you dont remember me but you were the classroom instructor for my first DE at the Glen back in 2008 and i still remember almost every tip you gave us that day...so thank you for that and for helping me get started. Enjoy your biking!!

RE: Time to move on to next chapter... - michael lang - 03-13-2013

Jack, I have had the pleasure of having you sit in the right seat of my car and I still refer to my track journal that is filled with advice and knowledge that you shared with me. You have always been so willing to share your thoughts with me when I've come to you with something that I'm struggling with on the track. For that I would like to thank you. It's guys like you that make guys like me want to pass it on just as you have with me. Thank you for helping me be a better faster driver.