Riesentöter Forums
Thunderbolt DEC 10th!!!! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Thunderbolt DEC 10th!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=3051)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Ben951 - 12-01-2011

I will definitely be attending then, and I will update whether it will be with a car, or not.

I have never been ranked, so I would require an instructor. I will look into this (cost, availability), and see what pans out. Thank you Eric for taking the time to explain this to me.

- emayer - 12-01-2011

Most instructors "work" for alcohol...,,:dude:

- bobt993 - 12-01-2011

emayer wrote:
Quote:Most instructors "work" for alcohol...,,:dude:

Or the car title............................ Eric, I will be there. It may be a good idea to have a brief classroom talk on the track DO's and Don'ts corner by corner.

- emayer - 12-01-2011

Bob,

You are welcome to the left seat of my car anytime!

Seriously, if it isn't too much of an imposition, could I enlist you to give such a talk?  I know I could use a refresher myself and I'm certain others may feel the same.

There might be free chow available for payment!  Big Grin

- Ben951 - 12-01-2011

I'm thinking I should go as a guest for this one, meet people, help out where I can, and make sure the car is prepped for 2012 instead of rushing it.

- MikeKling - 12-01-2011

Ben,

I would never want to discourage anyone, but I really wouldn't recommend this for your very first event.  I think you are making the right decsion to just observe.  The entire DE program is built for students. Our season starts with the easiest track (5 turns) and is perfect for newbies.  Thunderbolt has 14 turns, a tad bit harder to master.  As this is not an official RTR event, it is going to lack some of the fundamentals that make it easier for new drivers. 

I would strongly reccomend that you come down and see the action.  Be sure to bring your helmet.  I'm sure you'll be able to hitch a ride.  You are going to find this one of the most welcoming groups your ever likely to meet.  Just don't get between Dave Fellker and his milk and Oreos. 

Feel free to PM me with any questions. 

- Ben951 - 12-01-2011

Thanks Mike,

I will definitely bring my helmet just in case... and maybe I'll be savvy and bring extra milk or Oreos... hopefully not walking into a trap with that one!

- bobt993 - 12-01-2011

Ben, If your car is safe bring it. I can ride with you for at least a session. I know of at least 4 instructors attending so you may get another session or two covered.

- Ben951 - 12-01-2011

Thanks Bob. We'll see what shakes out but I look forward to meeting people and seeing things in action regardless!

- CarreraS - 12-01-2011

MikeKling wrote:
Quote: Just don't get between Dave Fellker and his milk and Oreos.

Mike, to be clear....NOT just Oreos.....DoubleStuf Oreos.Cool