Riesentöter Forums
Test of new registration site - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Test of new registration site (/showthread.php?tid=311)

Pages: 1 2

- LouZ - 02-14-2007

JeffConklin wrote:
Quote:After registering you need to sign up for the test event. In each event it asks what run group.

Jeff
Confusedhock: So I saw when I registered!

Great way to register!

- jakp993 - 02-14-2007

Lou,

You should have been asked "What was the last run group with RTR?" when you sumitted your registration information.  You also should select a run group when you select your registration package. 

However, niether of these are the "official" run group data.  We are storing this in a private field that is not user updatable Smile

Take care,
Jack

- jakp993 - 02-15-2007

Registration will not open at Midnight!!!

OK gang, I had an idea on this midnight issue and spoke with the folks at Motorsportreg.  Good news - we've got a solution!  We're going to tell the system our club is on Pacific Time.  Therefore, registration will open at 9:00pm on Feb 28th.

That's a much more reasonable hour.

De me a favor - remember that you didn't have to stay up until midnight to register when you don't get the instructor you requested, or number of students you were looking for later this year Big Grin

Take care,
Jack

- jakp993 - 02-16-2007

Hang on a minute - I went the wrong way on the timezone thing.  Midnight pacific is 3:00 am eastern, which is worse, not better.  Can't believe I screwed that up.  I travel all of the time, in fact I just got back from the west coast.

Don't know if we can go into the atlantic with the club's "time zone" or not.  Will check it out and report back.  I'm pretty sure we can solve this issue one way or another.

Jack

- catchacab - 02-16-2007

Jack,

Tell them we are in England.  Greenwich Mean Time is 5 hours ahead of Eastern time.  We will drink warm beer and eat fish and chips.  

Do they speak American there? 

- jakp993 - 02-18-2007

catchacab wrote:
Quote:Jack,

Tell them we are in England. Greenwich Mean Time is 5 hours ahead of Eastern time. We will drink warm beer and eat fish and chips.

Do they speak American there?

I asked that exact question of the motorsport reg support folks. They are working on alternatives.

I cant say enough about how responsive these folks have been. They are definiitely focused on customer satisfaction.

I'll post the results of this as soon as we figure out the best approach.

Take care,
Jack

- jakp993 - 02-20-2007

Gang,

Thanks to everyone that participated in the test event.  It was very helpful for us.  It revealed some issues with our set-up, a couple of bugs in the software (which have been  fixed, and a little known feature or two of the system.  Most importantly, it gave Carol and I some experience with the entire process which will be invaluable once we go live with Shenandoah in a short period of time.

Speaking of Shenandoah, you may have seen this in the Shenandoah registration thread, but just in case....  We will open Shenandoah Registration at 12:01 am on March 1st. 

I know we've had discussions on the pros & cons of that opening time.  The folks at motorsportreg are looking into allowing each organization to set our own opening times.  Therefore, I'd rather not "trick the system" by telling it we are in a different time zone as the text that appears on the site would be very confusing to anyone that hasn't been part of this discussion.

Take care,
Jack