Riesentöter Forums
Racing in the Rain - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Racing in the Rain (/showthread.php?tid=3115)

Pages: 1 2

- Lainey - 12-27-2011

I gave Steve this book for Christmas (and he is thoroughly enjoying it)... For those of us who love what we do, it really is a must read!

P.S. Spring can't come soon enough!

- cjbcpa - 12-27-2011

Santa brought me the recent Phil Hill biography. Also must reading. Do any of our club racing brethren face vomit inducing anxiety before a race?

Coincidentally, I also rec'd the Steve Jobs bio. While they were a generation apart, their influences were somewhat similar. Phil Hill's mechanical appetite was whetted by the legions of welders and machinists trained and employed by the aerospace and defense industries. While Steve Jobs was inspired and encouraged by the omnipresent engineers employed in the nascent semiconductor industry in Palo Alto.

Happy New Year to all.

- bobt993 - 12-27-2011

Chris my very first race was in torrential rain at Summit Point. I did not have rain tires only slicks. Despite the crazy conditions I did not get anxiety before the race. Ever since then I enjoy a good race in the rain. Lainey it's a great quick read. I think you will find a bunch of RTRs guys read it. Freddy did not want to finish it ( too depressing), but I convinced him the last chapter added closure.

- scwaters - 12-27-2011

Hate to admit it but had a hard time getting hrough it. Sobbed my way through it in Hawaii 2 years ago. Only read it when the house was empty. Too much of a dog person.
Did get a iPad2 with Senna already loaded on it.

- Lainey - 12-27-2011

Sonny, we are trying like heck to get the Senna movie. Where did you get it from?? Thanks... geez, Steve's only on chapter 7....didn't know it was a sad ending. We both saw War Horse last night and it was a tear jerker too... but an awesome picture...

- emayer - 12-28-2011

Great book Lainey.  Especially for dog and racing lovers....

In my limited racing experience, I certainly get a bit anxious beforehand but somehow get into a calm "Zen" like state once strapped in on the grid.  Weird eh?

Looking at covered up cars right now is killing me.  Too early for withdrawl...

- fasthonda - 12-28-2011

i LOVE racing in the rain!!!! it evens up the odds for me; my equipment isn't always equivalent to my competitors', but a bit of wet asphalt always evens the score for me...

the absolute BEST for me is when we are all gridded on dry tires, and then it starts to rain on the pace lap Smile

- scwaters - 12-29-2011

Downloaded it, actually rented it, from iTunes Store for <$5.  Good for 30 days but must finish in 24 hours from start.  Got it for the looong ride to Hawaii next week.

- Phokaioglaukos - 12-29-2011

Does something bad happen to a dog in this book?Sad

- fasthonda - 12-29-2011

no; just the opposite -- i think the dog has a wonderful life in the book. its a GREAT book Smile