Riesentöter Forums
AutoX+ Roadshow - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: AutoX+ Roadshow (/showthread.php?tid=317)

Pages: 1 2 3

- STEVEMCMORN - 03-05-2007

au·to·cross (ô't�?-krôs', -kr�?s') n. - A form of motor sport that emphasizes safe, low-cost competition and active participation. An autocross is a timed competition where drivers navigate one at a time through a temporary course marked by traffic cones. Autocross tends to place more emphasis on car handling and driver skill than on sheer horsepower.[/i]
[/i]

Following Graham’s general announcement on the website (and in forthcoming Der Gasser) about our plans for RTR AutoX, you will see that in 2007 we have arranged the following events:

1) an AutoX Novice school in conjunction with Philly SCCA on 13/14th April

2) Hold our own RTR AutoX event

3) Organised an AutoX+ Roadshow - consisting of atleast 7 local PCA & SCCA events including a PAX-based championship for those interested in attending atleast 4/7 events -- more info below

4) Go drag racing

As I will be co-ordinating the Roadshow, [/b]I thought I’d share my plans with everyone ASAP- so you can get the dates booked in your calendars now!

2007 RTR AutoX+ Roadshow[/b]
In 2007, to try to offer more to RTR members who are interested in AutoX, we are planning to hold a touring ‘AutoX+ Roadshow’ which will include:

1)      (atleast) 1 AutoX event per month from April to October 2007 – more events may be added you never know! NONE OF THESE DATES CLASH WITH DE EVENTS

2)      Events will be a mixture of RTR + other local PCA & SCCA autoXs.   So far, the calendar includes 1 x RTR, 2 x Central PCA at Herschey, 2 x Philly SCCA at Warminster, 1 x Chesapeake PCA at Ripken stadium and 1 x  New Jersey PCA at Giants stadium – see Calendar and notes below. This is a mix of 5 local events, 1 down to the south and 1 up to the North – something for everyone!

3)      For those interested, we are also planning to set an ‘RTR AutoX Roadshow Championship’ which will be based on PAX scoring system and attending atleast 4 events – this is purely for fun so don’t get your knickers in a twist (british saying) but it should get the smack talk going on the forum – points will be awarded for attendance & final position (based on PAX score rather than group within own group) – this way, a poor driver who attends all 7 events could finish higher in the championship than a good driver who only attends 4 events. Currently, each driver will get 10 points for attending and top 16 drivers will get 20, 15, 14, 13, 12…….. down to 1 for pax ranked finishing position. This means (i) if get more than 16 drivers, last place drivers get something for turning up and winners get big scores and (ii) if we only get a handful of drivers, they get attendance + good position scores regardless of driving ability. More details to be posted on the forum soon about PAX…..

4)      (small) Trophies, prizes and T-shirts will to be awarded at the end of the year at the Xmas Dinner.

Our provisional schedule is shown below – book these dates in your calendar NOW!       NONE OF THESE DATES CLASH WITH DE EVENTS                                                    L
ocation – will be updated very soon -pls see notes below**[/b]

Sunday 15[suP]th[/suP] APRIL -- Warminster with Philly SCCA
Sunday 13[suP]th[/suP] MAY   -- Central PCA AutoX – Hershey
Sunday 17[suP]th[/suP] JUNE   -- Chesapeake PCA at Ripken stadium
Sunday 22[suP]nd[/suP] JULY   -- RTR PCA AutoX
Sunday 19[suP]th[/suP] AUGUST -- Philly SCCA AutoX – Warminster
Sunday 23[suP]rd[/suP] SEPTEMBER-- Central PCA AutoX – Hershey
SATURDAY[/b] 13[suP]th[/suP] OCTOBER - Provisional date[/i] -- NNJR PCA – Giants stadium

[/b][/i][/b]

Each month, I will add a new posting on the forum about the next planned roadshow event to provide directions, cost, registration times and any additional extra info. If pre-registration is required, I will let you know and you will need to do this yourself.

What else??

1)      THIS IS JUST FOR FUN – relax & enjoy it. If you have strong feelings on anything, we look forward to your help in 2008 – until then chill out dude!

2)      Final locations should be posted soon – until then, add the dates to your diaries

3)      If you are interested in attending any of the Roadshow events or joining our  just for fun PAX championship, add a post to the forum and we will add you to our e-mail distribution list. You don’t need to attend each and everyone, it’s just for fun and perfectly fine just to attend 1 or 2 extra in addition to our usual RTR events. If you want to join the championship, you will only need to attend 4/7 so completely OK to miss a couple of events and still take part!

4) Complete the poll to tell us what you are interested in - we're doing this for you so let us know what you like

Cheers All

Steve Mc Big Grin

- Wellardmac - 03-05-2007

Whoo-whoo! Nice AX schedule! Lots of AX and some different venues to boot. Talk about having your cake and eating it... almost makes me want to stall my car in excitement... that or launch off the line prematurely. Wink

- michael lang - 03-05-2007

Last year is Hershey is where I autoX'ed and I plan on attending a couple of events this year as well. Great parking lot. Fedex Field here in Washington DC just gets too crowded and there are not alot of runs. Plus no fun-runs after the event.

- TwentySix - 03-07-2007

Hershey has a really nice lot, which we'll be heading to for one of our Roadshow events, and they're a very friendly bunch  Smile  I haven't seen the asphalt at FED EX Field, but I hear it's possibly the best lot in the Mid-Atlantic... I have to make it down sometime.

Hope to see you out there  Cool

- michael lang - 03-07-2007

FedEx Field has gigantic lots, and smooth. Have to be careful though during football season due to all the tailgating which results in broken glass all around the different lots. The clean up crew does a pretty descent job but they don't get all the broken pieces of glass.

- betegh9 - 03-08-2007

Steve! The events at Giant stadium is by NNJR PCA not SCCA.

I will post the dates on my calendar and hope to make most events.

- STEVEMCMORN - 03-08-2007

Fab! Look forward to it!

Typo now corrected - I was monitoring so many websites, I is was got confuzzed 

- pmajka - 03-16-2007

Things that might not have been addressed.

for 13 and 14th, what time is school
for 15 what time is auto cross

How does one register for school.

- TwentySix - 03-16-2007

pmajka wrote:
Quote:Things that might not have been addressed.

for 13 and 14th, what time is school
for 15 what time is auto cross

How does one register for school.
http://rtr.mywowbb.com/forum3/382.html

- STEVEMCMORN - 03-16-2007

Philly SCCA have now released their dates so Ok for us to now confirm all of our dates and locations

Full roadshow schedule:

Sunday 15[suP]th[/suP] APRIL -- Warminster with Philly SCCA
Sunday 13[suP]th[/suP] MAY   -- Central PCA AutoX – Hershey
Sunday 17[suP]th[/suP] JUNE   -- Chesapeake PCA at Ripken stadium
Sunday 22[suP]nd[/suP] JULY   -- RTR PCA AutoX
Sunday 19[suP]th[/suP] AUGUST -- Philly SCCA AutoX – Warminster
Sunday 23[suP]rd[/suP] SEPTEMBER-- Central PCA AutoX – Hershey
SATURDAY[/b] 13[suP]th[/suP] OCTOBER - Provisional date[/i] -- NNJR PCA – Giants stadium