Riesentöter Forums
Suspention Rebuild - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Suspention Rebuild (/showthread.php?tid=3176)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- Craigs*84 - 12-31-2012

Thanks Nick ...
Actually IM aiming for a tad lower than Euro ride heightCool. I have the rack spacer kit ready to go in.

Do you recommend anything else ?

Should I drop the crossmember and the rack to remove the old tie rods? It looks like I may have to go to war on those things.Sad

- betegh9 - 12-31-2012

How big are your spacers? It should be like a washer, 3/8" thick or so. The bump steer kit basically does the same at the end of the tie rod. If you lower the car 1 inch, you should raise the rack an equal amount to keep the steering geometry correct, but there is not enough room above the cross member, so that is why you need then the bum steer kit to make the tie rod as level as possible. 911 front suspension is designed to have a certain travel up (compression) and down when the car is flying (not fast, but lift like on a hill crest). You want to have the A arm as well as the tie rod level as possible and parallel to each other with equal travel up and down.
Determine the tires you want to use (type and size). To clear fenders, you have to play with camber adjustments and to keep tires from rubbing inside the well, you have to figure out the ride height. Raising the spindles is really the best way to go about lowering the front of the car, therefore no need to fool with the rack. The process is to remove the struts, take them somewhere where they have done this before, grind the welds, and reposition them XX mm above their present position, re-weld. This process also keeps the A arms in the proper geometry.

- Craigs*84 - 12-31-2012

- Craigs*84 - 12-31-2012

Brigstone RE-11   225/50/16 front & 245/45/6 rear on 7 & 8 wide. If my cash holds up after corner  balance and alignment.

Raising the spindles is the only logical way to do it.....

It sounds like $$$ insted of $.Smile

- betegh9 - 01-01-2013

Craigs*84 wrote:
Quote:Brigstone RE-11 225/50/16 front & 245/45/6 rear on 7 & 8 wide. If my cash holds up after corner balance and alignment.

Raising the spindles is the only logical way to do it.....

It sounds like $$$ insted of $.Smile

Call Steve Burkett at Specialty Cars. He can give you a number on raising the spindles.

- Craigs*84 - 01-01-2013

Thanks for the info Nick. I will be giving Steve A call when I get a little further along in the build.
I also read your PM's and I'll will be giving you a call I appreciate all the help.

I decided to drop the rack to make it easy to remove/ install the tie rods. I also opened it up clean/ inspect / pack with grease .

Now its ready for another 30 years...Smile

stay tuned, I think I'm going to have A steering rack install party. It looks like it's 2 man job.....:?

- Craigs*84 - 01-01-2013

hmm seams like something is missing...Confusedhock:

- Craigs*84 - 01-01-2013

- Craigs*84 - 01-01-2013

I was pleasantly surprised to find grease still in there on the top side.

- betegh9 - 01-01-2013

Your floor looks so clean and neat.  Are you doing this in your living room?

Your jackstands are hardly holding anything up front.Confusedhock: