Riesentöter Forums
Suspention Rebuild - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Suspention Rebuild (/showthread.php?tid=3176)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- CarreraSupercharged - 01-02-2013

Craigs*84 wrote:
Quote:hmm seams like something is missing...Confusedhock:

I know what you are going through,... very rewarding process. Good luck with the project. I really like those RSR bushing,... jewelry it is,.... Wink

Be very careful with picture posting and details of your mods,... or before you know it Arena will have your PPF close to GT1 specs, .... Unless he comes up with a very crafty system,..... ahahahahahaahConfusedhock:

- ccm911 - 01-02-2013

What a great project! Talk about bang for the buck. I need to do the same on mine, but am having trouble on getting the guts to get started.

Best of luck!

- michael lang - 01-02-2013

Looks like you are having loads of fun. I remember going through that. There were times that I felt like I should have done that project years ago and then there were times where I wish that I never dove in. In the end, I'm that I did it. It's good to see that things are progressing nicely. My hats off to you.

- Craigs*84 - 01-03-2013

Nick > my floor is clean.... But my work bench isn't.Sad

Stephone > The mods may bring it up to GT1 specs, .... But I think the fact that IM doing the install will bring it right   back down again.Big Grin

ccm911 > Getting started is hard along with possibly getting stuck in the middle of the whole thing. That's the Rush and what makes it so rewarding...

michael lang > Well said... Im on that roller coaster with the high's the lows. When Im feeling like my car will never hit the street again I just take A nip of Blaster ....

It keeps me going...Confusedhock:

- CarreraSupercharged - 01-03-2013

Come on,.. have a litle bit of faith. We all believe in you,... plus you have to make it to the finish line or your wife will not let that one pass,...Confusedhock:  Ask me how I know,...

Don't abuse the PB blaster,.. that stuff is strong you dont want to overdose on thatCool

Keep up the grreat work,... we are all watchng your progress.

- Craigs*84 - 01-03-2013

Well it looks like this weekend's fun is going to be Cleaning Cleaning and more Cleaning of parts.

Has any one found a creative way to clean the inside the A-arm ware the torsion-bar goes? It's grubby in there...

Can I pick up some quality front wheel bearings locally ? Anyone done that ?....

- Vytenis - 01-04-2013

Craigs*84 wrote:
Quote:Can I pick up some quality front wheel bearings locally ? Anyone done that ?....

Craig, thanks for posting! Getting wheel bearings fast is probably not your highest priority unless you are trying to keep the wife from seeing more packages arrive from our favorite Porsche mail order vendors. If you've gone this far, you should replace them.

"V"

- Craigs*84 - 01-06-2013

Thanks "V"

I think IM going start on the spindles next week .

I tried to get something's done In the garage today but I kina putted around all day..

Yay ! The first new parts are going on tonight....Smile 

Before...:X

- Craigs*84 - 01-06-2013

....and after...Smile

- Craigs*84 - 01-06-2013

Hers the fuel pump going in.

Im going to wait until I can get the car out of the garage before I replace the short piece of line from the tank to the pump. Better safe than sorry..