Riesentöter Forums
The Cost of The Iraqui war in Porsche Terms - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: The Cost of The Iraqui war in Porsche Terms (/showthread.php?tid=331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- ccm911 - 04-03-2007

I just read an article in the New York Times about the total coast for the Iraqi war.  The estimate was SEVEN BILLION DOLLARS!!!!

For the same amount, we could supply 11,666,666 folks with new Porsche Boxsters, assuming an average cost of $60K per car.

Hmmm.....over eleven million happy folks.....

as opposed to hundreds of million folks unhappy with the war.... 

Porsches for Victory!!!

- LouZ - 04-03-2007

I'll take a 997, and my wife will do without the Boxter, and make it yellow.

- Tony356993 - 04-03-2007

Nice idea Chris. Can I get Sharon's, my parents, and my kids future "Porsche's for Victory" allotment and get a GT3 RS? Please.

Lou - no "s" ?

- ccm911 - 04-03-2007

Absolutely, Tony.  Preference is given to current owners a la Ferrari.

And I may take mine in used models spanning the entire production cycle. Big Grin

- LouZ - 04-03-2007

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:Lou - no "s" ?

To get the "S", it has to last another 6 hours, Oh wait....it just did!

- stentech - 04-07-2007

Let us not go in to the war and have a weapon detonated in the US. The last thing you poopie heads will be thinking about is how many Boxters it can buy. This country became a country because of war.(revolutionary)Weak liberal ,wimp, dorks, will due nothing to help. Take your your Bboxer count and stick them up your nose.  We are the world power that will win with a no BS no compromise and a  but  kicking mother like George W. as the captain of the ship. Terrorist fear him. He is what we need in times like this. Making this great country look weak. I say get bent to all of you liberal ding-a-lings. If you disagree tell me where you live so I can send some of my friends that serve in the Marine Corps to your house so we can roast marshmallows.

This is the edited reply. Just dosn't have the same kick to it.
SM

- catchacab - 04-08-2007

I have a funny feeling that magic eraser is coming back.

Shake it up!!!

- Tony356993 - 04-08-2007

Stevey,

Whoa! How do you really feel? The tread was intended to be a light hearted twist to a war (just or not) that has cost a sh*t load of money.

You know that "24" is a fictional show, right? Big Grin

We could spend billions for hundreds of years and that will not stop a few ja's that are willing to kill themselves from doing some nasty sh*t in our country.

Take a breath, get that new car ready and start visualizing the tracks, we will hit the circuits soon enough.

Happy Holiday's all.

T

- smankow - 04-08-2007

now I can see why you're a "resident genius" [Image: bowdown.gif]  although I don't disagree with SM, either.

you mean that 24 isn't real?  It's on tv so doesn't that make it real???? [Image: evilgrin.gif]

Happy Bunny Day

- Wellardmac - 04-08-2007

catchacab wrote:
Quote:I have a funny feeling that magic eraser is coming back.

Shake it up!!!

..watching and waiting. Although, if the eraser is caused by the same person two times in a row they get a new tag of their own and it will not be Resident Genius. Wink