Riesentöter Forums
Cups and Saucers Registration Opens March 5 - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Cups and Saucers Registration Opens March 5 (/showthread.php?tid=333)

Pages: 1 2

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-02-2007

The Hudson Valley and Hudson Champlain Regions of the PCA announced that registration will open on March 5 for its annual Advanced Drivers Education event ("Cups & Saucers") at Watkins Glen to be held Wednesday and Thursday, May 16-17, 2007. The format will be the same as last year: Two days of open track plus the opportunity to purchase as many half hour sessions with a professional driver as you can afford. Past professional drivers have included David Murry, Boris Said, Derek Bell, Hurley Haywood, Doc Bundy, Bill Auberlen, Kelly Collins, Cort Wagner, John Morton, and Kees Nierop among others.

The event is open to PCA members with DE experience who drive in the White (with at least five events in white), Black, or Red run groups and will accept late registration until the event fills up.

Please don't forget that a pre-event tech form is required and is available Here

Registration can be found:
Hudson Valley Website
Hudson Champlain Website

- smankow - 03-02-2007

Chris, could you explain this event?  If memory serves me, it is advanced with 2 run groups - cups & saucers.  One is for higher HP cars and one for lower HP cars.  Is this correct?  What about track time?

It would be nice to do these 2 days and then the advanced Pocono day with RTR.

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-02-2007

Sorry, Steve, but I posted what I know! It is open track and for advanced drivers only. I like the idea of getting professional coaching, too. I'd like to compare that to the professional-level coaching I get at RTR at a lower cost!

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-06-2007

Cort Wagner and Patrick Huisman look to be the porfessional drivers who will give 1/2 hour lessons during this event for $175. I have not done this event before (too little experience last year), but it sounds really good. Many of the Rennlist "fast guys" will be there and Geoffrey Ring suggested it to me (he is an officer of one of the sponsoring clubs). It's almost worth it just to see Geoffrey's 964 again. What a beautiful car! On Rennlist there is a long thread with lots of photos as he built the car from scratch. Gorgeous, and very light and fast.

My plan for this summer is to sign up for as many events at the Glen as I can and hope to attend them!

- Tony356993 - 03-06-2007

I can't make this event but everyone I spoke with said it is really not one to miss.

- smankow - 03-25-2007

anyone else going to this??  Also, anyone interested in sharing a garage?

You need at least 5 days in white w/experience at The Glen for acceptance.  It costs $325, which is great for 2 long days of track time. 

Run Groups:

1- CUPS: Run group for high horsepower & modified cars.

2- SAUCERS: Run group for lower horsepower & street cars.

You may drive in both or one run group, wherever you feel most comfortable. However, if you choose to drive in the street car group and you have a high horsepower car, you must adjust your speed and driving technique to the group. If you have a lower horsepower car the same applies. If you choose to run in the modified run group, adjust your speed and driving technique to match the run group. Any driver not following these guidelines will not be allowed the option to run in both groups but will be assigned to one group only.

Steve

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-25-2007

I have sent my application and asked for half garage space. I hope I can actually get there.

- smankow - 04-07-2007

I'm in.  I just got my confirmation email.

- bobt993 - 04-07-2007

HOpe you make it Chris.  We just received acceptance (late entry).  Should be a good tune-up for the club race.  Smile

- Phokaioglaukos - 04-07-2007

Thanks, Bob. Good time at SP with Schattenbaum. It's not Riesentöter, but it's track time. I had no trouble running in their Black and Black/Red groups. I'm really looking forward to some time at the Glen!