Riesentöter Forums
NASCAR Rant - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: NASCAR Rant (/showthread.php?tid=341)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Brian Minkin - 02-28-2007

Chris,

I someone offered you 2 mil. a year, a car and a crew I am sure you would be out there turning those boring laps on ovals.

Waiting for your fantasy response.

Brian

- ccm911 - 02-28-2007

For two million a year, I would be right out there.  There isn't a lot that I wouldn't do for that salary.  Heck, I'd even wear the tasteful "Mr. Goodwrench" shirt!

- Brian Minkin - 02-28-2007

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:For two million a year, I would be right out there. There isn't a lot that I wouldn't do for that salary. Heck, I'd even wear the tasteful "Mr. Goodwrench" shirt!

Guess that makes you a "TRACK HO"Tongue

Hey I thought you where working.

And now I do got tot get to work.

See you tonight.

- Marty Kocse - 02-28-2007

That's exactly what I think of when I see Boris Said out there with the Nascar guys.  Part of me feels like he's been bought by Nascar, and turned on his road racing roots.  Although, he's still a great driver no matter what the venue.  You can't take that away from him.  It makes me laugh when I think of how the guys that are still in road racing must talk about him and laugh.  But then I think, if I was offered that kind of money, I guess I would change too.  By the way, he still gets to run some road racing events during the year (24-hr Daytona etc.), it's just not a full road racing schedule.  So, maybe he has the best of both worlds now.  One thing is for sure, he's laughing all the way to the bank...

- catchacab - 02-28-2007

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:It may not be exciting to watch but I do believe that it takes a lot of skill and talent. I know that even on the banking at Pocono doing 135 its"s a lot of work to keep my car from driving towards the wall. Doing that for 500 miles and running close and 2 or 3 wide. I would be in a coma. Smile

I had the opportunity to drive a Busch Cup Car at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The way the cars are set up, they almost drive themselves through the corners, you actually have to pull them into the wall as you are exiting onto the straight. When W2@ everything changes.

CCM sleeps with a full size Dale Earnhard doll!!!Confusedhock:

- TwentySix - 02-28-2007

Like it or not it seems to be going global....  [Image: popcorn.gif]

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/02/26/alesi_to_race_in_stock_cars/

- ccm911 - 02-28-2007

catchacab wrote:
Quote:CCM sleeps with a full size Dale Earnhard doll!!!Confusedhock:
You just watch your back at the next meeting, or I'll put a "surprise" in your car. Big Grin

- catchacab - 02-28-2007

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:catchacab wrote:
Quote:CCM sleeps with a full size Dale Earnhard doll!!!Confusedhock:
You just watch your back at the next meeting, or I'll put a "surprise" in your car. Big Grin
A surprise for me?Big Grin

- Wellardmac - 02-28-2007

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:...NASCAR is stupid, overly commercialized, and painfully boring to watch.

My worldview dictates that if something is popular with the masses, then the probability is quite high that it will suck.

I agree with the overly commercialized comment. It's a billboard of the worst kind where camera time for sponsors is all the matters.

...Sadly I also agree with the latter comment.

- ccm911 - 03-01-2007

bobt993 wrote:
Quote:You guys crack me up. Driving W2W in Nascar is alot more challenging than you think. Chris, I hope this is just one of your paper filling rants. It's hard enough to circle a track on a rolling start 3 wide at 120mph let alone 185 on a banked oval in a car that wants to turn, not go straight. Ask Larry, he had his hands full at Daytona just holding a line around the oval at 150.
Bob, you have got to lay off the Budweiser! You have apparently gone off the edge this time. For your pennance, I am going to recommend your watching only PBS for the next month. And if that doesn't work, I am going to quiz you weekly on the topics covered on NPR!