Riesentöter Forums
PMs - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Riesentöter PCA Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Registration/Login Issues (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Thread: PMs (/showthread.php?tid=3410)

PMs - larrybard - 04-21-2013

After a member tried sending me a PM and it bounced back with an indication that my mailbox was full I deleted dozens of messages from my Inbox -- and emptied my Trash folder -- but my private messages still indicate that my mailbox is 100% full. Is there some sort of delay?

RE: PMs - michael lang - 04-21-2013

the problem is the capacity for PMs in the new forum format is way too small. I ran into the same thing two weeks ago when I reached out to another member trying to get some advice on what the best way to handle my car situation. I got the same bounce back message so I cleared out a ton of old ones. Still could not be retrieved, so I sent a message to the admin, he could not even retrieve it and forward it back to me. Larry, I will email you tomorrow from work.

RE: PMs - saucerman - 04-21-2013

the limit was set to 200 private messages...that was the default with the new forum...it doesn't hurt to do a little spring cleaning now and again....but I have now set it to unlimited....so be it.

as of messages being bounce because of your limits...well the system does not keep track of them...why would it? It's just like your voice mail box being filled on your phone - you don't call the phone company and ask hey where are my messages that didn't get through because my mail box was full.

RE: PMs - Lainey - 04-22-2013

Guys, same here. I just deleted my PMs and it still says I reached my limit. What's up??

RE: PMs - larrybard - 04-22-2013

(04-22-2013, 08:20 PM)Lainey Wrote: Guys, same here. I just deleted my PMs and it still says I reached my limit. What's up??

Did you also empty your "Trash"? If so, wait a while and check again about whether the message still says you have reached the limit.

RE: PMs - ccm911 - 05-07-2013

Hey, if you are paying for more storage, by all means limit the number of messages that can be kept. This forum is a service, but it shouldn't cause any unnecessary expense.

RE: PMs - rockadile - 02-20-2014

There appears to be issues resulting from the migration from the old forum. This is happening with random users where the messages weren't correctly transferred over but were counting toward their PM total even though they weren't being displayed (or even counted in the PM count visible to the user). If you were a user on the old forum and are encountoring this problem, let us know and we can clear them out.

RE: PMs - same problem for me - STEVEMCMORN - 04-20-2014

(02-20-2014, 01:36 PM)rockadile Wrote: There appears to be issues resulting from the migration from the old forum. This is happening with random users where the messages weren't correctly transferred over but were counting toward their PM total even though they weren't being displayed (or even counted in the PM count visible to the user). If you were a user on the old forum and are encountoring this problem, let us know and we can clear them out.

Hi Rockadile

This just happened to me
I have 2 messages in inbox and none in trash/sent, yet I have just been infomed by system that PMs are being bounced as inbox is full

Please would you reset for me

Cheers
Steve