Riesentöter Forums
Standings - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Standings (/showthread.php?tid=3443)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Standings - SomebodyDial911 - 09-05-2013

Folks,

I fear that I may have missed or overlooked a couple of emails (Nick and Brian), but from the car information that I currently have in hand, I only have car stats and associated PPF scores for three people (Craig, Stephane, and myself). Below is the compilation of results to date. I have excluded a total ranking since it doesn't really mean anything at this point without the other PPF scores.

Please send me your info asap in the format given in a previous post. My email address is danruble@gmail.com.

PPF scores and preliminary results (still need to be double checked) are attached.
[attachment=3004]

[attachment=3003]

RE: Standings - trevornaidoo - 09-05-2013

Dan, just sent you my sheet.

RE: Standings - SomebodyDial911 - 09-07-2013

***UPDATED 9/10/13***

Thanks to Trevor and Brian for passing your specs along. While we are waiting on others to submit their info, I populated the ranking spreadsheet with their PPF scores from last year if available...or estimated them on my own where unavailable. The results are pasted below.

I know that the ranking may appear somewhat suspect, but I promise that I didn't even think about summing the points or total rankings until I had all PPF scores in place. As you'll note, some of the individual event and total ranking differences are very narrow - so very small assumption tweaks do make a difference. These are, of course, subject to change as individual PPFs are updated...and I invite everyone to challenge any inputs or calculations that look questionable.

Also - Dave, I wasn't perfectly clear on the scoring methodolgy on which we agreed, but I think this is right (10 for 1st, 8 for second, etc...and then a minimum of 1 point for participating).

I have emailed a couple of you with individual questions pertaining to your PPF inputs.

For those who haven't provided your specs, I hope that the input template isn't intimidating. Note that you only have to provide specs where you have made modifications. If your car is bone stock, I just need to know the year and model....and perhaps your tire info since that can vary. Don't hesitate to PM me if you have trouble locating any info.

While I am at it, I will note that as I've dug deeper into the model, I am not particularly fond of this PPF calculation methodology and look forward to a more simplistic and intuitive methodology for next year.

[attachment=3007]

[attachment=3008]

[attachment=3009]

Cheers,

Daniel

RE: Standings - Craigs*84 - 09-07-2013

Looks good Dan , thanks for taking the time to put all this together for us.

RE: Standings - CarreraSupercharged - 09-10-2013

Good Job Dan on putting this data together. In the past this has always worked beter when folks provide their data before the season starts,...

Just my two cents,... But the weight mod should be used only in the case where your car is "lighter" than stock. The spread sheet is clear on this:

If your weight (in lbs) is less than the stock weight, you can change it here…otherwise, leave cell blank.

RE: Standings - SomebodyDial911 - 09-10-2013

*Edited*

I've updated the results above to adjust for a few recent tweaks for Trevor, Stephane and myself. Only notable change is that Trevor and Anthony have swapped spots, and the PPF race has narrowed!

Stephane, thanks for pointing out the weight mod rule. I had added some weight associated with factory options (like ventilated seats) that pulled my weight above default stock...and then back down a bit due to my rear seat delete. I've now removed any weight adjustments to comply with the language that Stephane pointed out. Trevor's weight add-back was a tentative placeholder as we double checked his true stock weight (vs. spreadsheet) - and has since been deleted (resulting in a slightly higher PPF).

The point of posting all of the PPF inputs in my previous results post is to espouse transparency and invite discussion, so please don't hold back with comments, questions, or challenges. And for those of you who have yet to send along your specs, PLEASE DO SO ASAP!! Your specs not only affect your own PPF rankings, but also they affect everyone else's. So, please provide this info as a courtesy to the group.

D