Riesentöter Forums
Need AX participants to teach teen drivers--Oct. 12, 2013 - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Need AX participants to teach teen drivers--Oct. 12, 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=3564)

Need AX participants to teach teen drivers--Oct. 12, 2013 - Phokaioglaukos - 09-23-2013

Coca Cola Park in Allentown--all day on Saturday, 12 October 2013.

You know how to AX, right? Use your skills to benefit the community by instructing teen drivers on an AX-like course. The program is well constructed and you will have clear guidance in running the exercises.

It's a fund day. Lunch is provided. And you and your mates will be doing good.

Info HERE.

RE: Need AX participants to teach teen drivers--Oct. 12, 2013 - Vytenis - 09-29-2013

Signed up as instructor. Enrolled my teenage son Mike, and future autocross competitor as well. My older son John attended and was very pleased with the program.

This is a great program for young drivers to learn car control. The classroom instruction coupled with the hands on course exercises give the student the experience of real world driving situations and how to respond.

"V"

RE: Need AX participants to teach teen drivers--Oct. 12, 2013 - Vytenis - 09-29-2013

From motorsportreg.com...

Instructors should have at least 2 years of SCCA Autocross or Club Racing experience, BMW CCA, or PCA driving events or racing experience.
In addition, instructors need to feel comfortable working with novice teen drivers who typically are not all that thrilled to be attending a Street Survival event. This means you should be capable of interacting with teens and helping them get the most out of their experience.

Volunteers help out with setting our obstacles used in the driving exercises, assisting with registration, setting up for lunch, making sure we stay on schedule throughout the day, etc. Anyone who has an interest in helping with the variety of tasks we need to accomplish throughout the day is welcome to sign up as a volunteer.

"V"

RE: Need AX participants to teach teen drivers--Oct. 12, 2013 - csmith74 - 10-01-2013

Registered as a volunteer, though I may have to duck out 1/2 hour early or so. I have a gig at an Octoberfest starting across town at 4:00pm

RE: Need AX participants to teach teen drivers--Oct. 12, 2013 - Phokaioglaukos - 10-01-2013

Thanks! That timing will not be an issue.

Others?

RE: Need AX participants to teach teen drivers--Oct. 12, 2013 - NumeroUnoPA - 10-04-2013

Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana

OK Autocross regulars, lets step up. We have a bunch of regulars who could instruct. I did this earlier in the year and it is a blast.

This is your chance to give back. It is an amazing experience. You can see these young drivers change before your eyes.

V, Chuck, Maggie and I are signed up. We need more. You all know who I mean. Register this weekend and do some good with those skills.

Idea Cool Rolleyes Exclamation Idea

RE: Need AX participants to teach teen drivers--Oct. 12, 2013 - CarreraSupercharged - 10-07-2013

We planned to go camping that weekend at Knobles, but if our plans fail, I will be there.

RE: Need AX participants to teach teen drivers--Oct. 12, 2013 - csmith74 - 10-11-2013

What time are we to meet at Coca-Cola Park? I went back to the motorsportsreg site to double check but since registration is closed I can't look up the details. I seem to recall 7:30am, is that right?

RE: Need AX participants to teach teen drivers--Oct. 12, 2013 - Phokaioglaukos - 10-11-2013

7:30 AM it is. Weather forecast is decent. See you there!

RE: Need AX participants to teach teen drivers--Oct. 12, 2013 - trevornaidoo - 10-11-2013

I wish I could volunteer but I am taking my son for a college visit tomorrow.