Riesentöter Forums
Tire Mounting in Doylestown - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tech (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Ask the Tech Chair (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Tire Mounting in Doylestown (/showthread.php?tid=373)

Pages: 1 2

- Wellardmac - 03-07-2007

- my new Bridgestones just arrived for the new season (whoo-hoo!)

Can anyone recommend a good place to get them mounted in or around Doylestown? Looking for a reliable place that isn't going to scratch up my rims, nor charge me a fortune for mounting.

Thanks in advance!

- stentech - 03-07-2007

STS in Chalfont has mounted and ballanced numerous tires for me talk to Greg or Ryan both great guys. They have very good equipment and know how to use it properly. Ryan has an STI that I am tring to get him to use in a DE event. If you go there tell him drag racing is for retards that can't turn.

- Wellardmac - 03-07-2007

Thanks!

You've taken the Porsche there and they treated it well? Do I need an appointment and can they do it while I wait?

BTW, how did they balance the tires?

I'm asking because I currently have stick-on weights that blend into my rims (same finish) and I don't want a bad job with weights that look like junk... Okay, I'm picky, but details matter to me. Smile

- Larry Herman - 03-08-2007

I don't know what they are currently charging, but did you check with Holberts?  They should be able to handle all of the fancy wheels carefully.

- smankow - 03-08-2007

I don't recall their price, but Holbert's is quite expensive for mounting/balancing.  They only put tires on for me once (I provided the tires) and I think that it was around $75 for 2 tires.

- Mike Andrews - 03-08-2007

You state you are expecting to pay up to $30 per wheel/tire so $75 for a pair isn't that far off.  It might be worth that little extra for piece of mind.  And Holbert's may not be that much more for four tires........

As to your inflated pricing comment, most places go by flat rate.  So if the book says it should take an hour then that's what you get charged.  It sucks that most jobs can be accomplished in less time then the book says, but them's the breaks.

- stentech - 03-08-2007

Another place a little closer is South Main tire in Doylestown. Call talk to Kevin tell him Steve from Meenan Transmission reccomended you. He would take care you.  Tell him exactly what you want done and he can price it out. He is usually very fair.

SM

- Wellardmac - 03-09-2007

stentech wrote:
Quote:Another place a little closer is South Main tire in Doylestown. Call talk to Kevin tell him Steve from Meenan Transmission reccomended you. He would take care you. Tell him exactly what you want done and he can price it out. He is usually very fair.

SM

Thanks for the References - South Main came highly recommended on Tirerack.com, so they were going to be my second stop. It's good to know the names of good people - thanks for the help!

- Wellardmac - 03-10-2007

I just went to see STS, saw Ryan - nice guy - clearly an auto enthusiast. I'm sure he'll look after my car. Car is booked in for a saturday appointment.

Stentech, I appreciate the assistance. Smile

- Wellardmac - 03-10-2007

Well, the car went into STS this afternoon. I was really impressed. Ryan fit me in at short notice and worked on the car while I waited. I was really impressed. He did a great job and care about ensuring the job was done well. 4 tires mounted for $100.

Competent, fast and priced right. I'd highly recommend them in future. I'll be back there again in the future - thanks very much for the recommendation!