Riesentöter Forums
Caravan down to Dover ? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Caravan down to Dover ? (/showthread.php?tid=3835)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Caravan down to Dover ? - SomebodyDial911 - 10-12-2014

Yes - I think they are holding it next week. That said, I don't believe the rain date will be an RTR championship series event.

RE: Caravan down to Dover ? - 981 S - 10-12-2014

I saw a post on the BMC website that it is rescheduled for Sunday the 19th. I am going to go, regardless if it is or isn't an RTR championship event. Does anyone else want to go?

RE: Caravan down to Dover ? - SomebodyDial911 - 10-12-2014

Honestly, I'm too annoyed to go. I mean, who cancels an autocross event because of rain?

RE: Caravan down to Dover ? - Duke W - 10-13-2014

(10-12-2014, 05:30 AM)981 S Wrote: Does anyone know if they are holding the race next Sunday? The flyer for the event said that would be the rain date. If they are I'm in!!!!!

Yes, as of now, we are holding the event at Dover Speedway on Sunday, 19 October. 7-day forecast says sunny and 60s, following a couple nice days. That being said, we will monitor the forecast and make the final decision at least 24 hours in advance.

Preregistration has been reopened at motorsportreg.com for those who can make the revised date. If you previously registered, there is no need to update if you are still planning to attend.

(10-12-2014, 10:58 PM)SomebodyDial911 Wrote: Honestly, I'm too annoyed to go. I mean, who cancels an autocross event because of rain?

I apologize for the inconvenience, particularly to the 4 gentlemen who made the trip down and got sent home again. I understand that was irritating. We tried very very hard not to reschedule the event, but site conditions were very poor because we got much more rain than was forecast.

Additionally, there were economic reasons behind the postponement. Hosting the autocross at the Speedway is a substantial investment for our club - more than half our entire annual budget goes for that single event. We need 65 cars just to break even on the lot rent, and there are additional insurance costs beyond that. We expect to take some loss, but we simply cannot afford to lose the majority of that money. If we had started the event with the 20 or so brave cars that showed up, it would have involved thousands of dollars of lost funds for a club with fewer than 100 members. I'm sure you understand that I could not responsibly spend that money given the conditions.

Again, I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience last Saturday. I hope that some of you see your way to give us another try.

RE: Caravan down to Dover ? - NumeroUnoPA - 10-15-2014

Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy

Who is in ????????

Maggie and I are back from CA and we will go.

Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers

RE: Caravan down to Dover ? - 981 S - 10-15-2014

Dave,

I'm in, glad you and Maggie are going. I was beginning to think that I'd be going alone.

Anthony

RE: Caravan down to Dover ? - SomebodyDial911 - 10-16-2014

Dave, just to clarify, this is no longer a championship series event, given the date change, right?

Hope you guys have fun down there. Be sure to flex some porsche muscle for the rest of us.

RE: Caravan down to Dover ? - trevornaidoo - 10-16-2014

I won't be able to make it, have fun guys.

RE: Caravan down to Dover ? - 981 S - 10-16-2014

Dave,

Looks like it's just the three of us, would you like to meet up and drive down in a two car caravan?

RE: Caravan down to Dover ? - NumeroUnoPA - 10-18-2014

Banana Banana Banana Banana

Anthony,

We are coming down the Blue Route and 95. The place Craig suggested is fine.

WAWA
721 Naamans Creek Rd
Wilmington Pike
Chadds Ford, PA 19317

I have to go to DC, so we will actually have 3 cars.