Riesentöter Forums
The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra (/showthread.php?tid=3864)

Pages: 1 2 3

The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - MikeKling - 12-01-2014

From the Corvette Club Forum.....

The Corvette Community loses a great instructor and a friend to all -- Steve Landstra

It's with a heavy heart that I share with you the sad news of the recent passing of forum member Steve Landstra (SLandstra_Z06).

Steve was a talented and knowledgeable ambassador for Corvette and played a key role at National Corvette Museum HPDE events. He served as an on-track instructor, teaching drivers of all levels how to drive their cars safely at speed. Steve was also a nationally certified PCA (Porsche Club of America) instructor. Regardless of make or model, Steve enthusiastically helped countless HPDE students grow and develop their driving skills on track.

Steve built a solid driving skills foundation as an autocrosser before discovering his love of HPDE. Both he and his wife Lainey were passionate for the sport of driving.

Steve will be laid to rest in his home town of Grand Rapids, Michigan. A viewing will be held on Thursday, December 4th from 2-4pm and 6-8pm at O'Brien-Eggebeen-Gerst Funeral Home, 3980 Cascade Road SE, Grand Rapids. The Funeral Service is on Friday, December 5th at 11am. at St. Peter the Apostle Church.

In lieu of flowers, Lainey is requesting donations to be made in Steve's honor to The Foundation for Traffic Safety Education, founded by professional race car driver, Andy Pilgrim. The Traffic Safety Education Foundation’s mission is to educate new drivers, parents, teachers and children of all ages about the deadly problems associated with distracted driving and other important traffic safety issues. You can learn more here:

http://www.trafficsafetyeducationfoundation.org/

Rest In Peace Steve.

Mike Newlander

RE: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - TwentySix - 12-01-2014

What a nice guy Steve was... hard to believe he's gone Sad

So sad to hear, my heart goes out to Lainey Heart

RE: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - DanNewton - 12-03-2014

My condolences Lainey.
Sincerely,
Dan

RE: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - emayer - 12-03-2014

Steve was a true gentleman and always willing to help and provide guidance to us newer drivers coming up the ranks. A fierce driver, and someone I admired for his skills. Seeing Steve and Lainey enjoying their passion for Motorsport and each other was always uplifting. May we all be so lucky....

While he remained true to Corvettes, he always shared his interest and respect to the Porsche brand. I did my best trying to get him to join the Dark Side.... Smile

My deepest sympathies to Lainey and family.

Rest in Peace Steve. The Big Guy up there better watch his mirrors and be quick to give you a point by....

RE: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - Phokaioglaukos - 12-03-2014

It was a privilege to know and drive with Steve. Quick on track and friendly in the paddock. I'll miss him at RTR DEs, at NJMP member days and at our holiday parties. RIP, Steve.

RE: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - Carrera3.6 - 12-03-2014

As one of the newer DE drivers, I did not have the opportunity to get to know Steve that well. However, when I would approach him to let him know I was not trying to hold him up, he was always very cordial, courteous and understanding. He and his Corvette will certainly be missed at future DE's. My deepest condolences to his family.

RE: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - STEVEMCMORN - 12-03-2014

Even though he liked corvettes, he was a good guy and we will miss him lots both on and off the track

Kling, Vee, Ian Curtis & I spent many monday nights with Steve at the Smoking Room in Exton organizing the Planes and Porsches AX a few years back. Steve was our first Chief Instructor at PnP Ax and helped design the (multiple) figures of 8 course we used for many years to maximize the space available and driving time. I will have to check but I believe he still had the fastest time on the course. At the end of each event, we always used to have paid charity runs to raise extra money and poor Steve always had the biggest line of people wanting a ride around the course with him. After their runs with Steve, half the people were thrilled, half the people looked scared but everyone left happy!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the lovely Lainey

RIP Steve

RE: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - rhargy - 12-03-2014

We will truly miss you Steve.

You were always a gentleman both on and off the track and always willing to help those that were in need of some help in the paddock or those that were trying to learn your passion for motorsports. The world needs more people like that.

Our thoughts and prayers go to Lainey and your family.

Bob Hargesheimer

RE: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - ninjabones - 12-03-2014

Steve was a fantastic driver, but even more than that, he always wanted to improve and "go faster". He had a great spirit and his enthusiasm was contagious. What a great loss for all of us.

RE: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - CarreraS - 12-03-2014

Steve was truly a great guy.

He was ALWAYS the first person to congratulate me as I moved through the DE ranks, he was ALWAYS one of the first people to approach you to see if you needed help when he saw your car on jacks or the engine compartment open, he was ALWAYS a gentleman, he was ALWAYS faster and he will ALWAYS be missed.

No one laughed louder than when, at a Pocono restaurant, I had a waitress drop a note at his table which read, "Corvette guys have small ......". Of course, I actually wrote the word on that note and he roared with laughter and knew instantly it had been sent by me.

He really was a special presence at the track and I can't believe he's gone. He'll be lapping people like crazy up in heaven, that's for sure. Farewell, my friend.

Lainey, you have my deepest condolences on the loss of Steve. Please know that all of us are here for you.