Riesentöter Forums
The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra (/showthread.php?tid=3864)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - George3 - 12-03-2014

During this time of mourning, I would like to extend our support to the grieving family with warmth in our hearts, comfort in our words, and assurance in our actions that no matter what, we are with you during this trying time. Words fall short of expressing our sorrow for your loss.

Rest In Peace.

RE: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - MikeKling - 12-03-2014

This is the link to funeral home guest book if anyone would like topost something there as well.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/naplesnews/steven-landstra-condolences/173350928?#sthash.nSQLSbM0.dpbs

Obituary from Grand Rapids Press

RE: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - rap - 12-03-2014

There is little that words can do to express sorrow or to offer comfort to those who suffer the loss of a loved one or of a friend. Perhaps the only things with real meaning are a reminder that the loss will not be forgotten and those that remain will be remembered in our prayers.

I asked Steve to take me out on Lightning. Coaching me all the way through the track, and me struggling as usual, we were now exiting the light bulb. As we were tracking out left he told me, “more throttle, more throttle, pedal to the floor”. I said, “Steve she’s only got four cylinders”. He replied, “Oh that’s right, I forgot.” I smiled the whole way down the front straight.

My second story is several years later when I was completing my Jedi training to be an Instructor. We train all day Friday, then the Supreme Council (oops, I mean the Speed Council) convenes that evening to see who passed. I have a habit of arriving to the track early and did so Saturday. Steve arrived early that day as well, and made a bee-line to me. He stretched out his hand, shook mine, and said, “Did you hear?”. “No”, I replied. “Good” he added, “I wanted to be the first to congratulate you, you passed, you’re an Instructor”. He had an ear to ear grin on his face. I think both of us remembered that day at Lightning.

Steve, you will be truly missed. I never heard you utter a bad word and you always had a smile on your face. Your on track advice to me was invaluable. Rest well my friend. I’ll be smiling on that front straight thinking of you.

RE: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - topgum - 12-03-2014

As we all know, Steve will be missed.

Over the past two years, my best lap times at Lightning and Thunderbolt were always either trying to keep Steve behind me or trying to keep up with him. Never an easy task! We always had great fun chasing each other and improving our driving. I will miss him greatly.

My deepest condolence's Lainey. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

RE: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - fve - 12-04-2014

Dear Lainey and Steve:

Gosh, lots of people talking about how fast Steve was out on track. That is just the start...

I recalling hanging out with you guys at the RTR skiing trip to Montage (or whatever they call it now). It was toward the end of the day, everyone had a bit to drink. You two were making moon-eyes at one another. Yeah, definitely felt like third wheel territory. So I gracefully exited. Before I knew it, you two were getting hitched. Talk about fast!

Lainey, you are not alone in your grief.

Steve, may it be a long and winding road. Keep the shiny side up.

Frank

RE: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - rbasales - 12-04-2014

Its been over a year since I moved to Florida and had the pleasure of driving with RTR. During the years I drove with you; some of the most enjoyable days were spent chasing Steve around the track. An awesome driver and a great conversationalist; he will surely be missed. My thoughts are with Lainey and all his RTR friends.

Bob Brooks

RE: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - wordsmith - 12-04-2014

We'll miss Steve for sure. I recall some comments that one lucky Intro to DE student made after riding with Steve during hot laps. Steve's student told me after his session was complete, it was one part terror, one part a nightmare, and at one point he prayed that God would have mercy on him and take him before Steve crashed. Of course he didn't crash and the passenger was one turn away from throwing up in his helmet. Way to go Steve. We'll miss you and your crazy Corvette hell rides! Loved seeing Lainey and the pups at the tracks. Hang in there Lainey.
Jim and Maureen Sangiorgio

RE: The passing of our good friend, Steve Lanstra - Ian Goddard (THE Crazy Brit) - 12-05-2014

To hear the news that our friend Steve was no longer with us was a great shock to us all.

The guy always had a smile & always the most willing to help no matter what the issue or concern was.

Steve was considered to be one of the fastest guys out on the track, and with that came great respect from all who were around him, be it his fellow instructors or the students he nurtured.

In the past, it was great to see the relationship grow between Steve & Lainey, sharing the sport they both loved, that finally cherished into the “Daytona” marriage they shared.

Steve, thanks for providing the memories we can all reflect upon, they were all good times.

You were a gentleman with class, honestly, & integrity, a friend to all who came to know you; you will be sadly missed by us all.

Lainey; my friend, most of us are speechless, but know that if there is anything we can do to help you or your family through this sad time, you only have to ask.

My sincere & deepest condolences. Ian (The Crazy Brit

The RTR forum would not let me post anything until today, it may have been the system giving me a hard time, but more likely than not it was the user! Dang it……..RIP my friend