Riesentöter Forums
1st RTR AutoX+ Roadshow event - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: 1st RTR AutoX+ Roadshow event (/showthread.php?tid=400)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- STEVEMCMORN - 04-01-2007

UPDATE 09APRIL - Special RTR run group will be in morning session  -- start time now confirmed at 8am - updates NOW shown in BLUE and made bigger!!

The first AutoX event in our new, innovative & dare I say exciting 'RTR AutoX+ Roadshow' will be the Philly SCCA Autox at Warminster in 2 weeks time on Sunday 15th April.

Directions - http://www.phillyscca.com/directions/directions.htm#Warminster

Start time - as discussed in the original announcement (see  link below), we have arranged with SCCA to set up our own special 'RTR' class so we can all run, park & marshal together - which should help the social side of the event.

PLEASE BE AWARE OF SLIGHT TIME SCHEDULE CHANGES IN THE AM!

Registration will officially open at 8:00 AM. Registration for the AM heats will close by 9:00 sharp. If you Pre-Register, you must still check in at registration and get your work assignment prior to getting your car teched!

AM Session Schedule:
- 7:30 to 8:00 Arrive (The earlier the better!)
- 8:00 - 9:00 Registration / Work Assignments
- 8:15 - 9:15 Tech Inspection / Pre-Grid Cars
- 9:00 Novice Course Walk and Sporadically during morning
- 9:40 to 9:50 Mandatory Drivers Meeting
- 9:50 to 10:00 Get to Worker Assignments / Get to your cars
- 10:00 First Car Off
- 10:00 - 11:30 Heat 1
- 11:40 - 1:10 Heat 2
- 1:30 AM Trophies

Note from SCCA:  There will be an "R" class established.  All RTR drivers registering in this class will work and run in the same session. We will make every attempt to have the “R�? class heats run in the AM Session.  There’s a possibility this could change once registration closes if we have severely unbalanced sessions/heats and need to move classes.  If that happens, we’ll look at the “R�? Class on an equal basis with all other classes as we evaluate the situation and make any decisions.

RTR run group - will add the letter 'R' in front of your official car classification  ie if car is SS class and number 123, your new number will be RSS 123  

Beth is creating a cheat sheet to help you all figure out which official class your car will run in - will aim to post in next few days (and will bring a copy to novice skool on friday night)

Price - special SCCA rate for RTR members only - $30 (instead of usual $40) - bring cash and your driving license

Registration - online registration is an option but not compulsory - see link below - SCCA now confirm that secial R group has been set up so be ok to pre-register if planning to attend (but not those in novicve school)

Parking - suggest we all try to park together - when enter ground, turn right and park in far corner

Safety - you will need a Helmet which must be rated Snell 95 rated or newer, "M" or "SA" (as dictated by SCCA national rules).

PAX Championship-
In addition, for those interested, we are also planning to set an ‘RTR AutoX+ Roadshow Championship’ which will be based on PAX scoring system and attending atleast 4 events. Points will be awarded for attendance & final position (based on PAX score rather than group within own group). (small) Trophies, prizes and T-shirts will to be awarded at the end of the year 

Please add a post or e-mail STEVEMCMORN@HOTMAIL.COM if you are planning to attend and if interest in participating in Pax Championship

Cheers  Steve, Beth & Graham 

Future events include:
Sunday 15[suP]th[/suP] APRIL -- Warminster with Philly SCCA
Sunday 13[suP]th[/suP] MAY   -- Central PCA AutoX – Hershey
Sunday 17[suP]th[/suP] JUNE   -- Chesapeake PCA at Ripken stadium
Sunday 22[suP]nd[/suP] JULY   -- RTR PCA AutoX
Sunday 19[suP]th[/suP] AUGUST -- Philly SCCA AutoX – Warminster
Sunday 23[suP]rd[/suP] SEPTEMBER-- Central PCA AutoX – Hershey
SATURDAY[/b] 13[suP]th[/suP] OCTOBER - Provisional date[/i] -- NNJR PCA – Giants stadium

Original announcement -
http://rtr.mywowbb.com/forum3/345.html

Link to SCCA site for more infor on everything inc online registration, starts times etc etc - http://www.phillyscca.com/solo2/flyers/2007/supp_rules.htm#run_groups

- betegh9 - 04-04-2007

COOL!

You have classes and PAX for ALL the Porsches posted?

- Vytenis - 04-04-2007

I'm planning on participating in the PAX Championship.  Won't be able to attend all the the events, but I like the expanded schedule.

As a newb, I've got  a couple of questions about the PAX scoring system.  Attended RTR autoX last year.  I was in stock class with a few modifications.  Attended SCCA autoX last year.  Was in modified class.  I will be attending AutoX school in Warminster Apr. 13 & 14.  SCCA website shows I will be in "N" (novice) class for the 4/15 event.  Which class will I be in with PAX scoring?  Please explain PAX.

Thanks,

- STEVEMCMORN - 04-04-2007

For autoX+ championship, there will not be any classes - we will instead use a PAX system developed by the Maverik PCA region in Texas (thanks to Nick for putting me in touch with them) which will act equalize all cars regardless of class or tweaks (and make my life a little easier)

For everyone interested in getting involved with the championship, I will ask them to complete MAV PAX spreadsheet (looks complex but not really) which can be found on  http://mav.pca.org/Events/AX.asp   and then send me your PPF (pax performance factor). The worse your car, the lower your factor -- erm let me re-phrase that, the better your car, the higher the PPF.

Let me give an example of how the PPF will equialize out the performance of individual cars... so difference comes down to driving (forgive any errors in the math(s)!)

Something like a stripped out 911 autox/track car with slicks, new springs and turbo will have a very high PPF of 0.99 . When multiple PPF 0.99 x their fast run time of say 60 second, the calculated PAX score will be 59(ish)

Compare this to stock boxster which has a lower PPF of ?0.8 x likely a slower run time of 72s which will result in a 60s PAX score. For a stock 911, PPF and runtime are likely to be will be somewhere in the middle of track car and boxster so 0.9 PPF x 67s = 61s PAX  

As a result, PAX scores are quite close and differences comes down to drivers, not car.  After each event, I will multiple time (in seconds) against PPF to get PAX time and then rank and award points to see how we did against each other

Whadda ya think?? not perfect but equalizes all cars and takes away the problem of me having to sort out groups etc etc et  (which might ionly have 1 or 2 cars in them) -- I think this is a good place to start and can tweak in future if required...........

Cheers Steve

PS - This is for Autox+ roadshow championship only - for own RTR AutoX event , will probably stick with groups as per previous years etc - yet to be decided 

- mikehoyer - 04-07-2007

You may pre-register for this event.  If you pre-register, then you must pre-pay.  If pre-registration does not hit 180, walk-ups to the 180 mark will be allowed. 

http://www.phillyscca.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2672

- STEVEMCMORN - 04-08-2007

Thanks Mike. Looking at this link, important point is that all people attending novice school do not need to pre-register ... entry to sunday is already included as part of novice skool .......  but other RTR members may have to pre-reg or risk not being able to run.  Total entry will be 210 (180 + 30 novice school) - and may have to cap entries - what a nice problem to have!

Here's a paste and cut from link:

-THIS EVENT IS PRE-REGISTRATION WITH PRE-PAY ONLY
-THIS EVENT IS CAPPED AT A MAXIMUM OF 180 PRE-REG DRIVERS
-There will be NO walk-ups allowed unless our cap of 180 is not met!
-If you are in our Novice School 4/13 and 4/14, do NOT pre-register! Entry into Sunday's event is included with your school tuition
-No refunds will be given if you don't show up!
-No credit will be issued to future events if you don't show up!

This event is capped at 210 total drivers (180 max pre-reg + 30 Novice School Students)

- betegh9 - 04-08-2007

Steve, You do not have soooooo many events that you'd want to NOT count the RTR AX. I would sudgest for you to have the classes as you say, but also calculate the PAX. It is only one extra column on a spreadsheet. People just coming to the RTR event will see how they fair against the regular ROAD SHOW GUYS (RS GUYS........Nice catchy name for a group, or "RS cross"):dude:

- STEVEMCMORN - 04-09-2007

Hi Nick - YES, agree with you.

For those taking part in our mini-championship, I will calculate PAX scores based on overall times ..... but for any others attending, we will run usual groups!

Best of both world - and expect you to win both of them!Confusedhock:

- STEVEMCMORN - 04-09-2007

UPDATE 10APRIL - Special RTR run group will be in morning session  --

PLEASE BE AWARE OF SLIGHT TIME SCHEDULE CHANGES IN THE AM!

Registration will officially open at 8:00 AM. Registration for the AM heats will close by 9:00 sharp. If you Pre-Register, you must still check in at registration and get your work assignment prior to getting your car teched!

AM Session Schedule:
- 7:30 to 8:00 Arrive (The earlier the better!)
- 8:00 - 9:00 Registration / Work Assignments
- 8:15 - 9:15 Tech Inspection / Pre-Grid Cars
- 9:00 Novice Course Walk and Sporadically during morning
- 9:40 to 9:50 Mandatory Drivers Meeting
- 9:50 to 10:00 Get to Worker Assignments / Get to your cars
- 10:00 First Car Off
- 10:00 - 11:30 Heat 1
- 11:40 - 1:10 Heat 2
- 1:30 AM Trophies

- JIMK - 04-11-2007

Are there still spots available?  This is 4/15 right?