Riesentöter Forums
Lancaster Corvette Club AX August 9th ! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Lancaster Corvette Club AX August 9th ! (/showthread.php?tid=4004)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Lancaster Corvette Club AX August 9th ! - trevornaidoo - 08-14-2015

(08-13-2015, 11:48 PM)SomebodyDial911 Wrote: Here are the championship series results for the event and series to date.

Top 5 Drivers - Event #7
1. Nick B.
2. Trevor N.
3. Craig N.
4. Stephane R.
5. Robert N.

Top 5 Drivers - Series To Date
1. Nick B. (t)
1. Daniel R. (t)
3. Trevor N.
4. Craig N.
5. David N.

Looking at the event #7 results, I was blown away by how tight the competition was. In terms of PAX-adjusted times, we had 6 drivers whose best times were within a 1 second band. Pretty intense.

Oh - and note that, because the afternoon course was different than the morning course, I had to work a little magic to make the morning and afternoon times comparable. I simply took the median afternoon-morning delta for RTR drivers (-.611) and added it back to the raw afternoon times.

As always, please don't hesitate to let me know if a) I missed a PAX adjustment for this race, or b) I made a calculation error.

Thanks,

D

Thanks Dan, I don't know if it impacts anything but Nick was driving his Red 911 and not the 993 for this event.

RE: Lancaster Corvette Club AX August 9th ! - betegh9 - 08-14-2015

Trevor, both cars, the red and the silver cars are somehow in the same class, based on the GGR MOD POINT SYSTEM. The silver 993 is definitely over rated. That is why the red car is back out.

RE: Lancaster Corvette Club AX August 9th ! - SomebodyDial911 - 08-14-2015

Yes - Nick is right - both AX6. I noted his car change.

In response to Stephane's question, the reason there are adjustments to second run times for event #7 and not other LCCC events this season is that the course changed for the afternoon - meaning actual cone placements moved. This required an adjustment to make morning and afternoon times comparable on an apples-to-apples basis.

We had to do the same thing at one of the LCCC events last year, if you recall.

Happy to discuss methodology if you have any concerns/issues. There is no perfect way to do this, but I feel pretty good about the approach. Taking and reversing the median delta eliminates the impact of outliers.

D

RE: Lancaster Corvette Club AX August 9th ! - CarreraSupercharged - 08-15-2015

(08-14-2015, 09:14 PM)SomebodyDial911 Wrote: Yes - Nick is right - both AX6. I noted his car change.

In response to Stephane's question, the reason there are adjustments to second run times for event #7 and not other LCCC events this season is that the course changed for the afternoon - meaning actual cone placements moved. This required an adjustment to make morning and afternoon times comparable on an apples-to-apples basis.

We had to do the same thing at one of the LCCC events last year, if you recall.

Happy to discuss methodology if you have any concerns/issues. There is no perfect way to do this, but I feel pretty good about the approach. Taking and reversing the median delta eliminates the impact of outliers.

D

I know what you mean, what's unclear is why you did this for event #7 (last weekend) but didn't do it for event #4 also at LCCC, which also had a course change in afternoon...?
This looks like there is inconsistency in your method.

RE: Lancaster Corvette Club AX August 9th ! - SomebodyDial911 - 08-15-2015

Was there a course change for event #4? I don't recall that.