Riesentöter Forums
Censorship on the forum - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Censorship on the forum (/showthread.php?tid=401)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- catchacab - 03-14-2007

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:The forum is here for the benefit of RTR's members. Disagreement is healthy and expected. Flaming and name calling are not and violate the basic rules that define this forum. Was this censorship? I don't believe it is.
I have never been called a "flamer"

- Wellardmac - 03-14-2007

catchacab wrote:
Quote:Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:The forum is here for the benefit of RTR's members. Disagreement is healthy and expected. Flaming and name calling are not and violate the basic rules that define this forum. Was this censorship? I don't believe it is.

Let's call you misunderstood. Wink

So, what's post 100 going to be?

- Brian Minkin - 03-14-2007

catchacab wrote:
Quote:

Drive a turbo and then we can really call you a flamer. Tongue (a little car humor)

- smankow - 03-14-2007

however, my deleted posts did not violate rule #1 no matter how many times I read it.

Unfortunately, the god of the forum has spoken - or at least used the delete key except on his posts.  I, however, was not emailed about the posts prior to deletion.  At least this thread hasn't been censored.      yet

Now, it's back to work.

- Tony356993 - 03-15-2007

Dead horse beaten enough.

- ccm911 - 03-15-2007

Tony is correct.

Onwards and upwards.

- jakp993 - 03-15-2007

Rule of thumb....  Would you have said what you posted to the other person if you were standing face to face with him/her?  If you hesitate in your answer, you may be violating rule #1 Smile

Being a volunteer that has spent a whole bunch of his personal hours on this club recently, I say cut the moderators some slack, they are doing their best.

Jack

- catchacab - 03-15-2007

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:catchacab wrote:
Quote:

Drive a turbo and then we can really call you a flamer. Tongue (a little car humor)

Then what do you call one who drives a twin turbo?

And what is the smaller turbo called?

I can't believe this is post 100.

- Wellardmac - 03-15-2007

...yeah, I thought that you could do better than that for post 100. Wink

Happy Centennial!! ...joining the rest of us wasting too much time here. Big Grin

catchacab wrote:
Quote:Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:catchacab wrote:
Quote:

Then what do you call one who drives a twin turbo?

And what is the smaller turbo called?

I can't believe this is post 100.

- Mike Andrews - 03-16-2007

Wow, take a couple of days off to install a new OS and look what happens.....

I know you guys mentioned the dead horse thing, but I HAVE to add my two cents on this.

I don't think we should be removing anyone's posts.  If someone violates the rules they should be "talked" to and then they can take down their post (their call).  If they don't straighten up then they get a time out. 

I have to admit that I have not read all of the tire thread which is the topic of this thread.  But it wouldn't do any good as there's been bits and pieces pulled from it.

If a thread gets to the point where it is too whatever for the category it should get towed to Off Topics.  Anyone in OT should be expecting things out of the norm.

Ok, I'm off my box....