Riesentöter Forums
Winter projects? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Winter projects? (/showthread.php?tid=4082)

Pages: 1 2

Winter projects? - betegh9 - 01-27-2016

OK everyone!
I know it is winter, but my schedule is beginning to fill up with driving events and March is just around the corner. I want to know what improvements are you doing to be faster in 2016. I don't mean only about the car but also referring to that nut behind the wheel. So chime in and let us know what you have been up to.

RE: Winter projects? - 981 S - 01-27-2016

Hey Nick,

My car is still as pure and innocent as the freshly driven snow! I've been watching the GO-Pro videos to see what mistakes I made last season, and what I could do to improve this season. I know I got some funny looks last year with the microphone setup, but the feedback from the engine note, and hearing the throttle inputs is valuable information. Can't wait till next season!

Anthony V.

Winter projects? - 7491132 - 01-31-2016

Nick;
I'm planning to remove the A/C from my car. I just have to stop driving it.... Currently the car weighs about 2600 lbs. Also thinking about a lightweight battery setup. As for myself, thinking about loosing some weight, too. And I would like to learn how to effectively use throttle off oversteer in a corner. I'm not 100% sure how I can use that in AX (if at all), but the concept seems worth a try.

Shawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Winter projects? - betegh9 - 02-09-2016

(01-31-2016, 09:33 AM)7491132 Wrote: Nick;
I'm planning to remove the A/C from my car. I just have to stop driving it.... Currently the car weighs about 2600 lbs. Also thinking about a lightweight battery setup. As for myself, thinking about loosing some weight, too. And I would like to learn how to effectively use throttle off oversteer in a corner. I'm not 100% sure how I can use that in AX (if at all), but the concept seems worth a try.

Shawn

Shawn,
No one knows throttle off oversteer when born. I would be glad help you with anything you like to learn. All driving skills are aquired.

Winter projects? - 7491132 - 02-10-2016

Nick - sounds good! And thanks. Looking forward to the '16 AX season.
Shawn

RE: Winter projects? - stt9961 - 02-28-2016

Replaced a busted transmission mount and looking forward to GT3 seats!

RE: Winter projects? - betegh9 - 02-28-2016

(02-28-2016, 10:31 PM)stt9961 Wrote: Replaced a busted transmission mount and looking forward to GT3 seats!

Pricey, but lightweight! Nice.

Winter projects? - 7491132 - 03-04-2016

AC delete complete. About 50 lbs removed. Duck tail replacement over whale tail nets about 25lbs. Probably do a FG hood too. Work in progress and hope to be ready for AX in Hershey.

RE: Winter projects? - 981 S - 03-04-2016

(03-04-2016, 10:03 AM)7491132 Wrote: AC delete complete. About 50 lbs removed. Duck tail replacement over whale tail nets about 25lbs. Probably do a FG hood too. Work in progress and hope to be ready for AX in Hershey.

I will have Jean bake you a big batch of cookies to replace that 75 lbs!Big Grin

RE: Winter projects? - betegh9 - 03-04-2016

(03-04-2016, 10:03 AM)7491132 Wrote: AC delete complete. About 50 lbs removed. Duck tail replacement over whale tail nets about 25lbs. Probably do a FG hood too. Work in progress and hope to be ready for AX in Hershey.

Sean!
That is a good bit of weight removed. Front hood is not so important since weight in front is needed. Do you have a strut tower brace? What about adjustable sway bars?