Riesentöter Forums
Friends don't let friends drive their cars... - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Friends don't let friends drive their cars... (/showthread.php?tid=409)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- smankow - 03-28-2007

his comment was a parody of his movie undercover brother, but I'm sure that you realized that.

I also agree that the "free" publicity (costing about $1.5M) was certainly less than if they had to pay for it.  Not only has it been on U-Tube and other video sites, but also covered by many major newspapers and cable.

- Brian Minkin - 03-28-2007

Could this event actually have been scripted to happen?  Part of a grand publicity plan.  Doubt it but its Holywood so anything is possible.

- stentech - 03-28-2007

Put a inexperienced driver in in that car and it is a formula for a crash. There is a reason why Ferarri selects potential buyers and he was not on the list. He was actually kicked off the Civic SI list.

SM

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-29-2007

stentech wrote:
Quote: I dont agree about what he said "brothers can't drive" We have some that are great drivers in our club. The comment was un called for

I thought he said "brother" can't drive, as in "I cannot drive."

- stentech - 03-29-2007

I'm not up on his brother terminology. So is his brother is a bad driver ? Or is it his brother that tought him how to drive so poorly? Was it his twin brother that crashed the car and he did the interview and was referring to his twin brother. It would have been easier to just say "I can not drive" like I say regularly.  

- ccm911 - 03-30-2007

Seems that today, if one does not speak in the "Vernacular", one is considered to be unhip.

That guy could be black, purple, yellow, green...... but he still sucks as far as driving is concerned.  But then again, after hearing of the movies mentioned earlier in this thread, he obviously isn't much of an actor either.

Just goes to show that the "masses of asses" will buy or watch whatever the greedy coporate machine thrusts upon them.  Just look at Starbucks, Sport Utility Vehicles, Harley Davidson Motorcycles, Cigar Bars, Toll Brothers Homes(with the obligatory granite countertops), Reality TV.....do I need to go on?

- smankow - 03-30-2007

Eddie Griffin was on Jimmy Kimmel last night.  He seemed more shocked at the guy who stood near the wall video taping the crash than the crash itself.  They joked about the fact that the footage that he took has yet to be released.

- Brian Minkin - 03-30-2007

From The Yahoo Buzz:

In the annals of movie promotion, no publicity stunt is too over-the-top. Borat attempted to enter the White House with a camera crew to plug his eponymous flick, Steve-O urinated on the red carpet at the "Jackass 2" premiere, and Tom Cruise glibly went bananas during his promotional tour for "Mission Impossible 3." But is the destruction of a priceless automobile worth a bump in grosses? The promotional push for the soon-to-be-released "Redline" put Eddie Griffin's acting abilities to the test.

When Griffin rammed an Enzo Ferrari worth $1.5 million into a wall during a promo event for "Redline," he also smashed square into the Search box. Queries on the reckless thespian jumped from zero into the thousands and he also managed to cause search spikes on "eddie griffin car crash," "eddie griffin ferrari video," and "eddie griffin movies." That last query is of paramount importance, because Griffin's big bummer boosted interest on his latest cinematic achievement.

Gossip blogs are speculating that his calamity was a coldly calculated maneuver designed to drive searches on "Redline." The standard fast-cars-fast-girls flick was crawling along in the slow lane of Buzz, but Griffin's accident caused searches on the film to burn rubber. Buzz on the movie doubled immediately and we're sure the mangled Ferrari will be a hot topic as the film gasses up for an April 13 release. We've also seen increased interest in "redline trailer," "redline cars," and "redline soundtrack"—proof positive that the Enzo imbroglio paid off handsomely in Buzz.

Was it a planned stunt? We'll leave that for you to decide, but the true test will take place at the box office. If Griffin's wreck pays off, we're sure the producers will forgive him...

- AMoore - 03-30-2007

As to the phrases coined by Eddie Griffin, lets not forget "he-ho."

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-30-2007

Little longer video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62VmJReYNNI) with the driver's admission that he cannot drive. Quite an understatement.