Riesentöter Forums
Chester County indie recommendation? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Porsche-Related Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: Chester County indie recommendation? (/showthread.php?tid=4322)

Chester County indie recommendation? - rmbracalente - 10-12-2017

Time for the first oil change in the 718. Yes, I know I should do it myself, no time right now. Looking for a reasonably-priced dealer alternative in Chester County. I called Doughrerty's for a price; they were the as same as my selling dealer. Dodgy

I'm not expecting Jiffy-Lube pricing for this marque but $400+ (after the PCA discount) is Crazy.

RE: Chester County indie recommendation? - rmbracalente - 10-14-2017

So far Chris Radbill in West Chester is by far the most reasonable price-wise. Seems like he’s more of a classic Porsche guy, though. But an oil change ought to be an oil change so I might give him a shot.

RE: Chester County indie recommendation? - rmbracalente - 11-06-2017

Well, just got back & it still ended up costing nearly as much as going to the dealer. Then he told me he had to take the axle off to get to the oil filter(!). While folks on 718forum have said the filter's not the easiest to remove, no one has said anything about removing the axle.

So net-net I think I'm buying myself a QuickJack for Christmas and going to figure out how to do it myself for next year.

RE: Chester County indie recommendation? - cmac - 11-07-2017

(11-06-2017, 04:27 PM)rmbracalente Wrote: Well, just got back & it still ended up costing nearly as much as going to the dealer. Then he told me he had to take the axle off to get to the oil filter(!).

Wow, thanks for posting! Keep us updated when you do your next oil change. Removing the axle... wow!

RE: Chester County indie recommendation? - Ccns23 - 12-11-2017

My suggestion would be Bill Boys at Possum Hollow in Phoenixville. I used to take my old Cayman and 911 there for oil changes. At the time it was $25 or so and I provided the supplies (oil, filter, gasket). Not sure what changed for the 718's since going turbo, but I can't imagine it's that much more complicated. Great service and knowledge over there!

RE: Chester County indie recommendation? - LouZ - 01-02-2018

Wow, that cost is in the range of the 993! I cannot believe in this day and age that Porsche would require an axle removal just to get to the filter.

RE: Chester County indie recommendation? - rmbracalente - 10-17-2018

Heading to 610 Autohaus in Pottstown tomorrow for oil service & sate inspection. Anyone have any experiences to share?

RE: Chester County indie recommendation? - 72911 - 11-15-2018

Sorry but this bait and switch is BS..Maybe, just maybe, the 781 is different but a so called experienced shop should know better.

I've changed my oil and filter on my 981S several times and it was very easy.

Call me next time and I'll do it for you.

ok..rant over!