Riesentöter Forums
Drag Racing @ Englishtown, NJ Aug. 19th. - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Touring (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Drag Racing @ Englishtown, NJ Aug. 19th. (/showthread.php?tid=50)

Pages: 1 2

- Wellardmac - 08-13-2006

Just in case others haven't seen the other thread in this section, we'll be at the drag strip doing time trials on the afternoon of Aug. 19th. Feel free to meet us there, or PM me and we'll coordinate arrangements.

Unfortunately, the main event is for Corvettes, so we'll have to endure sharing wih those guys. Smile

- STEVEMCMORN - 08-13-2006

I THOUGHT ABOUT BUYING A CORVETTE INSTEAD OF A PORSCHE .....

BUT TURNS OUT MY PEN*S WASN'T SMALL ENOUGH Wink

- Wellardmac - 08-14-2006

Better get they out of your system now, as we'll be surrounded by them on saturday and red neck's have little patience.

- smankow - 08-19-2006

Wayne, have fun and be safe.  Like the rennlist comments, watch your clutches and try not to overrev the engine.  It costs a lot more to fix a Porsche than a Vette.

Steve

- Wellardmac - 08-19-2006

Thanks for the advice Steve - no, that's not my style... none of that stuff for me.... no wheel spinning, no over revving, etc. I'm not particulary competative, but I am curious as to how fast I can do the quarter mile and how fast I can get it to go.

- STEVEMCMORN - 08-19-2006

WELL - WHAT A FANTASTIC DAY!

Big Thanks to Wayne for inviting me along.  3 runs for $25 at Old Bridge Raceway park at English town NJ - could have stayed for more but best to leave when everything still working well..

First run - Steve v Wayne - BOTH stalled on the line Confusedhock: - the crowd went wild  - both 17s for 1/4 mile  :X

Second Run - Steve v Wayne - Wayne away first, Steve redlined in both first and second gears - pretty close - both 14s for 1/4 mile :?

Third Run -  Steve v Wayne - Everything came together for Steve - didn't stall, slipped the clutch to keep revs at 6k as pulled away to control wheel spin, didn't readline & the results say it all - see attachment Big Grin

What a great day - thoroughly recommend it - lets do it again sometime!

Wow, you're fast!

Yup, we had a blast. I loved it. We will definitely do that again!

...although being surrounded by Corvette and boy racers needs to be fixed... need more p-cars next time. Smile

...and it always amuses me how p-cars attract other p-cars in a parking lot.

- STEVEMCMORN - 08-25-2006

Why let a boxster spoil a good photograph??

- STEVEMCMORN - 10-05-2006

Gotta sya 'PINKS' was one of my favourite shows but after our amateur exploits on the drag strip, it's now my favourite show

watching last nights episode on tivo, mustang v camero, it bough back memories of my heart racing and how nervous I was as we pulled up to the start line

.......... and if you saw this episode, you'll notice that the mustang stalled on the line during the first race ................ happens to the best of us!