Riesentöter Forums
Changes at the Glen - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Changes at the Glen (/showthread.php?tid=521)

Pages: 1 2

- jakp993 - 05-02-2007

Gang,

I got the following info about some changes at the Glen from our friend in the Finger Lakes region, Luis Martinez.

[indent]

Hi Jack,

This Sunday was Opening Day at the Glen, so I took my Finger Lakes Region club and we did 3 parade laps.

Going into T1, beginning at the 100 ft brake marker the surface is new, continuing well past track out, and the curbing at the apex is all new, rippled concrete,

After the bus stop, all new surface going downhill through the outer loop, T5, and well into the Nascar straight, with new apex curbing.

And again, beginning in the braking zone going into the left hander T6 prior to the laces, it's all new, with new curbing, right down through track out.

The suface is very fine black top, very smooth.  Gone are the grey or white patches that we used to visualize, so we'll have to find new landmarks.
[/indent]

Sounds like some nice improvements.  I know several of you have been talking about doing events at the Glen before we run there.  Please let the rest of us know what you encounter.

Take care,
Jack

- Tony356993 - 05-02-2007

Thanks Jack.

A bunch of us will be there next month with Zone 1 and July with Schattenbaum. I'll get some new video and I can send you a copy next month if you want to give it a view. If my line meets your scrutiny you could post a link for RTR. Wink

- smankow - 05-03-2007

I'm there right before Pocono with Cups and Saucers.  I'll also be taking some video.  They'll be posted onto Google.

ditto to Tony's comments about quality and line. 

Steve

- Phokaioglaukos - 05-03-2007

I'll be there tomorrow and will take some video. I also hope to be able to do a track walk and take some stills. Last weekend at Shenandoah I chatted with someone who had driven the track already this year. He did not find it all that different, but maybe he did not use the concrete patches as reference marks as much as I did?

- Tony356993 - 05-03-2007

Quote:I'll be there tomorrow and will take some video.
Chris & Steve - Thanks. I'll expect it posted by Sunday evening. Wink

Have fun!

- smankow - 05-03-2007

Tony, I'll be at the Glen on 5/15 & 5/16.  with any luck, I'll have some footage available before Pocono.  I will have my laptop with me + my camera, so we could also watch the videos via truck dvd players.

Steve

- jakp993 - 05-03-2007

Guys,

I would love some video from the new & improved Glen.  Here's what I look for when selecting video for classroom use.[indent]
  • Proper line[/*]
  • A car visible in front of you that is also taking the proper line[/*]
  • Camera adjusted so you can see the dominate direction's apexes[/*]
[/indent]I'd also like higher quality that what typically get's posted to Google.  I'll take your raw format and edit it.

Thanks again!

Jack

- Phokaioglaukos - 05-03-2007

I'll see what I can do. I was getting more camera shake at Shenandoah than I liked.

(BTW, the bar at the Seneca Lodge is just as good as always, but with new presidential dollar coins in change.)

- Larry Herman - 05-03-2007

jakp993 wrote:
Quote:Guys,

I would love some video from the new & improved Glen. Here's what I look for when selecting video for classroom use.[indent]
  • Proper line[/*]
[/indent]
Gee, I guess that rules out Mankowski's videos! Tongue

- smankow - 05-03-2007

proper line - that's a relative term, isn't it?  I'll do my best to make you proud, Larry