Riesentöter Forums
Liberty Bell Motorsports Park - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Liberty Bell Motorsports Park (/showthread.php?tid=54)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Liberty Bell Motorsports Park - Phokaioglaukos - 01-09-2014

Anyone here know more about this?

RE: Liberty Bell Motorsports Park - Bill Lehman - 01-09-2014

I drove by the site last week. No sign of any construction.

RE: Liberty Bell Motorsports Park - rhargy - 04-22-2014

I can't swear to it, but word on the street is that construction equipment was sighted on the land.

I rarely get up that way, but for those who do, keep an eye out.

RE: Liberty Bell Motorsports Park - ccm911 - 04-22-2014

Amazing. Seven pages into this thread and no ground has been broken. This may be a dud. And I was hoping to do some motorcycle track days nice and close to home. LOL.

RE: Liberty Bell Motorsports Park - Phokaioglaukos - 04-22-2014

March 24, 2014, newspaper story:

"For the preliminary plan, Liberty Bell must receive permits from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the state Department of Environmental Protection. The final plan requires even more permits.

"'They're the ones who control our timetable,' Armbruster said. 'The township's not holding us up.'

"Armbruster said Liberty Bell officials would love to break ground this year, but he admitted it would be tough [emphasis supplied]. Once the project starts, construction would take a year to 15 months."

RE: Liberty Bell Motorsports Park - betegh9 - 05-12-2014

I might be retired and in Costa Rica by the time this site opens

RE: Liberty Bell Motorsports Park - the_vetman - 05-13-2014

(05-12-2014, 10:30 PM)betegh9 Wrote: I might be retired and in Costa Rica by the time this site opens

Screw that, I'm gonna be 6 feet under by the time this place opens - IF it ever opens. Not holding my breath.

RE: Liberty Bell Motorsports Park - Phokaioglaukos - 09-29-2014

Union Township board weighs options on Liberty Bell traffic

Saturday September 27, 2014 12:01 AM
By Kevin Stairiker - Reading Eagle correspondent

UNION TWP. - The Union Township supervisors are looking at two options for improving Route 724 at River Bridge Road to handle traffic the proposed Liberty Bell Motorsports Park is expected to generate.

Both were discussed at a meeting Tuesday that supervisors Chairman Donald Basile began by calling for a "friendly, informational and non-adversarial" discussion.

The two options were presented by Gregg Bogia of Bogia Engineering Inc., Wyomissing.

The first option would add an 8-foot shoulder and a traffic light at a cost of $350,000, which would be borne solely by the developer, Ethan Michaels Inc.

The second option would be to add a full left-turn lane and a traffic light at a cost of $750,000, which would be shared by the developer and township.

According to officials, the first option could handle two to three vehicles at a time; the second, six to eight.

A dozen residents at the meeting agreed intersection improvements would be needed but had concerns about matters including cost.

Basile said the township's $400,000 share of the second option's cost had been addressed in its 10-year budget plan.

Residents then raised questions about possible unforeseen costs.

"If it's more than $750,000, it ain't getting built," Basile replied.

According to officials, the developer is hoping to get final approvals for Liberty Bell in the coming months and complete the park in 2016.

Plans call for six events a year, including races that would be attended by maximum of 5,000.

The supervisors said they intend to make a decision on the turn lane next month but noted PennDOT would have the final say because Route 724 is a state road.

"It's a bureaucratic nightmare to figure out how PennDOT works," Basile said.

- See more at: http://readingeagle.com/news/article/union-township-board-weighs-options-on-liberty-bell-traffic#sthash.hV7MYwpg.dpuf

RE: Liberty Bell Motorsports Park - Phokaioglaukos - 03-27-2015

Another six months have passed. Rumours of a ground breaking this year. Anyone here know some facts?

RE: Liberty Bell Motorsports Park - saucerman - 03-28-2015

I sent an email to everyone list on their site on Wed....nothing yet...