Riesentöter Forums
2 feet driving - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: 2 feet driving (/showthread.php?tid=586)

Pages: 1 2

- Mark Fox - 06-12-2007

Smile As I enter week two with the broken ankle,  I continue to search for something positive.  The fact that I will miss the second of planned WGI events and a Pocono full course event, certainly is not it.  However something interesting has materialized really out of necessity," Two foot driving." 

Now maybe many of you with auto's are doing this already, think f-430.   In utilizing my wife's subaru and wanting to limit the motion I am placing on my right foot, I have been breaking with my left foot.  IMHO there are limited places and tracks that provide a real time advantage to this technique in a manual transmission, but I do it at a couple of turns.  But for those with the auto's or better yet the paddle shifters...... WOW.   The balance you can maintain while coming off the brake and simultaneously feeding throttle is soooooo coooool and would be increasingly better in something with a prancing stallion on it's hood. Cool

- Queboss - 06-13-2007

I use left foot braking in certain turns, turn 10 @ Watkins is one.

- Mike Andrews - 06-14-2007

Queboss wrote:
Quote:I use left foot breaking in certain turns, turn 10 @ Watkins is one.

You brake for turn 10 Big Grin

- ccm911 - 06-14-2007

Not to be a stickler for detail, but the term is "braking". Big Grin

- Queboss - 06-14-2007

not really "brake" but tap... and yes, I tap on my brake on turn 10 with my left foot just to settle the car...

- Mike Andrews - 06-14-2007

Winnie,

My comment was made in fun/jest... no judgment was being made…….  Sometimes intent is lost across the internet without being able to see each others facial expressions.  Even with the little smiley faces….

Now that Chris guy…. That’s a different story Confusedhock:  Tongue :dude:

- ccm911 - 06-14-2007

Sorry, slow day at work.

Actually, I have just opened myself up for being ridiculed over typos.

- bobt993 - 06-14-2007

Mark, 

You can LFB every turn at the Glen.  The next technique you need to learn is the "shuffle".   Threshold brake, HT, as your trailing the right foot moves to the gas, passing the lifting brake pedal to your left foot.  This allows early gas at or before the apex. 

- Tony356993 - 06-14-2007

Quote:You can LFB every turn at the Glen.  The next technique you need to learn is the "shuffle".   Threshold brake, HT, as your trailing the right foot moves to the gas, passing the lifting brake pedal to your left foot.  This allows early gas at or before the apex. 
You might want to practice this at another track and not the glen. Wink

- Mark Fox - 06-15-2007

Bob, I try to do something similar. It involves more of an inversion and eversion of the ankle from brake to gas, so as your coming of the brake your rolling on to the gas and spooling up the Turbo. Colin Dougherty is suppose to be great at this technique.   But at this point I may be working on driving solely with my left foot.