Riesentöter Forums
History Has Been Made - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: RTR's 60th Anniversary Celebration (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: History Has Been Made (/showthread.php?tid=623)

- Brian Minkin - 06-10-2007

Our 50th anniversary celebration party at Radnor Hunt is behind us and it was a very special event attended by over 650 Porsche enthusiasts. Over 200 Porsche cars created a visual feast.  A special thank you to John Heckman, Robin Zelinskie, Tom Zaffarano and Marty Kocse for their efforts in organizing this amazing event.  Thank you also to the members who allowed us to  share their cars with everyone as part of the anniversary display.  Thank you as well to all those who attended and made this party the biggest RTR event the region has ever had. I hope everyone made a few new friends and renewed old friendships. 

Brian Minkin

RTR - President 

- Wellardmac - 06-10-2007

Awesome event - it was nice to see half of our membership turn out and bring their cars. Nothing beats seeing all those cars together.

Nice job everybody! [Image: thumbup.gif]

- onebad911 - 06-10-2007

I have to say i was overwhelmed by the number of cars and it was nice being able to finally put some faces to the names i normally see on this website. I'm a relatively new member and this was my first social gathering. I was a bit aprehensive about tracking my car however i have to tell you after speaking to tony scalies and marty kocse i am very excited to participate in some upcoming track events. They were very open to all the questions i had. i have to say i'm very excited about being a part of a quality organization and i am looking forward to future events......thanks again..phil

- dmano - 06-11-2007

I must say when you guys throw a party you do it right. Great food, great cars and great people.

Almost makes me want to go a buy a Porsche Wink just kidding. Can't seem to get away from U.S. steel. 

RTR is by far the most fun out of all the racing clubs I have been involved with over the years both on the track and off.

RTR definitely rocks.

- Sechsgang - 06-11-2007

^^^^hey, Im Drew from Pocono/falkner...sorry I missed ya!

I thought the event was really cool and very well planned...the cars were beautiful, the people were nice, and the food was suprisingly good!

- Tony356993 - 06-11-2007

Excellent job RTR exec!

There were some awesome cars in the show AND in the peoples choice.

Job well done.

I took about 300 pictures and will send a CD to Brian/Peter & Sandor for RTR use.

- Porshagod - 06-11-2007

It was truly a GREAT day! My personal thanks to all of the volunteers who put this magnificent event together. It just goes to prove that Riesentoter isn't only "a region focused on Drivers Ed". In light of the tremendous turn out, maybe this could be the start of a NEW annual event for the club! We could call it "The Riesentoter Reunion 2", or "RR2" for short. Any thoughts?

- APXD 30 - 06-11-2007

Wundebar Marty, Brian, John, and team!

I meant to get seek out the older couple after they posed for the past executive picture but got talking to someone and missed them.   Was the gentleman a past-president?   If so what year?   

It's neat to see people who share this addiction over the course of so many years (I am operating under the assumption that they weren't new members).

- smankow - 06-11-2007

the couple was Jack and Ginnie Case.  They, along with the Beidlers, were the founders of our Region.  They were our Grand Marshalls for the Party and flew in from San Diego.

- Brian - 06-15-2007

Seeing as how this was my first real RTR event (not counting a new member bfast about a year ago) I hope I didn't blow my wad too early.  All RTR events are like this one right?  Just kidding.  Had a great time. 

BTW - can we get a list of all of the cars that represented the 50yrs?

Brian Rosenstein