Riesentöter Forums
I think i brought a knife to a gunfight!!!! LOL! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: I think i brought a knife to a gunfight!!!! LOL! (/showthread.php?tid=649)

Pages: 1 2

- fasthonda - 06-21-2007

or maybe a pair of toenail clippers to a gunfight????   Smile

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7213333733311059650&hl=en

that's me and the Probe;  in the Red Group, monday at Summit!

car was set up in typical 'DE configuration';  street tires and street brakepads.  ran flawlessly all day;  just add gas!

i just finished loading her up for the big race this weekend (NASA Hyperfest at Summit Point;  i'll be in PTE class):  www.hyper-fest.com

now the Probe is wearing fresh R compounds (Hankook Z211 leftovers) and racing pads.  I need to run 1:27s consistently, or maybe low low 1:28s, to run up front in PTE;  i think i might be able to stretch to that laptime, with the Rcomps and race pads, if i drive 105% the entire time.....  (the above vid is about 90% or so).

wish me luck, and i'll report back!  there are going to be a TON of cars racing;  there are 64 registered in my heat, and 9 in class!!!!!  can you say 'gotta qualify up front' and 'holy moly this is like rush hour on the beltway!'      Cool

talk later,

Todd                                                                                                                         ReidSpeed #11 Ford Probe GT PTE

- jakp993 - 06-21-2007

Todd,

I think I finally understand how you drive!  My 4 year old Hoosier S03's were totally shot by the time I got to Summit Point last weekend.  They felt worse than any street tire I've ever driven on.  My objective was to burn these tires up, and I'm proud to say that I was completely successful Big Grin

Back to the topic...  I was at the absolute edge the entire 1st run group at Summit.  I was catching the car on EVERY corner.  I was completely drained after :35 of that.  The concentration it takes, especially at a track like Summit, is incredible.

You & I have raced each other in the past, and I used to feel comfortable driving like that in the RX-7.  But, that was many years ago (translation - I'm a lot older now) and I had a somewhat disposable car Smile

My hat's off to you my friend.  You are one hell of a driver!  Good luck - my bet is placed on you!

Jack

- fasthonda - 06-22-2007

jakp993 wrote:
Quote:Back to the topic... I was at the absolute edge the entire 1st run group at Summit. I was catching the car on EVERY corner. I was completely drained after :35 of that. The concentration it takes, especially at a track like Summit, is incredible.

You & I have raced each other in the past, and I used to feel comfortable driving like that in the RX-7. But, that was many years ago (translation - I'm a lot older now)
hi jack!

i'll race with you ANY time; i remember those days with EMRA; my honda (stock LS motor) vs. your RX-7; those were GOOD times!!!! you've still got it in you, of that i'm sure! Cool

greg amy, the fastest PTE in the country is going to be at summit this weekend (the guy i battled with at VIR). i will try my best, but i think if this were being bet on in Vegas, the odds would be against me and my Probe!!!! thanks for the vote of confidence, and i'll let everyone know how it went!

todd

PS i should have some great video and i'll post it up when i get back!

- TwentySix - 06-22-2007

fasthonda wrote:
Quote: i will try my best, but i think if this were being bet on in Vegas, the odds would be against me and my Probe!!!! thanks for the vote of confidence, and i'll let everyone know how it went!

todd

PS i should have some great video and i'll post it up when i get back!

GOOD LUCK!! I know you'll have a great time and do well [Image: rockon.gif]

To the WOOD!!

[Image: evilgrin.gif]

- fasthonda - 06-25-2007

- fasthonda - 06-25-2007

elizabeth26 wrote:
Quote:GOOD LUCK!! I know you'll have a great time and do well [Image: rockon.gif]

To the WOOD!!

[Image: evilgrin.gif]
hi ladies, and gents! i'm back from Hyperfest/NASA races at Summit point; wow, wiped out tired!!! the race groups were sold out; 66 cars started the race on saturday in my heat (Stinger/small bore)!!!

Stinger race on Saturday; i got the start all wrong, accordianed up and down; just plain sucked for me! some pretty close racing for the first 5 laps (especially me and crazy Joe (blue Nissan SE-R in PTE); he was mega on my back door most of the time!). then the big multi car wreck in T10 on lap 5, and the red flag. overall position was second in PTE; Gregg (the national champ from VIR) was running away from me..... :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5091765206214688142&q=reids...

Stinger race on Sunday; i got a MUCH better start; not good enough to get ahead of Gregg, and then he ran away from me, anyway; wouldn't have mattered, he and the damn maroon egg were way too much for me and the 'Stien, at least this last weekend! freaking camera stopped after about a 1/3 the way thru the race; i burned out my tires with about 1/3 of the race left, and was trying to protect them, and here comes crazy Joe again; he was on my back door at the checkered flag; if the race had been a lap or two longer i think there would have been a war!!!! overall position was second in PTE, again:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2956614150954787998&q=reid...

enjoy!

todd
driver of the 'Stien

PS the track was 'slow' both days; at least for me. i guess it was the heat, and the drifting (they had a drifting competition going on in between the race heats, from T5 to T9; and the cars ground in a TON of rubber, and oil, and dirt into the track), and the pavement condition, my best laptime was a 1:29.3; that would have probably been a very low 1:28 on a normal 'good track' day....

- Mark Fox - 06-25-2007

Smile Great driving Todd, but where was the two wheels off we love so much?  Is that reserved for VIR only?

I am driving vicariously through all of you as my ankle mends. Tongue

- fasthonda - 06-25-2007

Mark Fox wrote:
Quote:Smile Great driving Todd, but where was the two wheels off we love so much? Is that reserved for VIR only?

I am driving vicariously through all of you as my ankle mends. Tongue

hey mark! i hope that ankle is healing fast!!!!

i guess i should have a camera behind me, too; it would have shown "dirt/sand/pebble poofs" at the exit of two, three, nine, and ten practically every lap. you know -- the kind that gets me a good 'talking to' after i come back in from a Red session at RTR???? Cool

i find that the Rcomps don't like to be driven totally off course and into the deep sand and dirt as much as the street tires do (thats what i was running at VIR was 200 treadwear Ventus RS2 street tires!!!!)

see you soon, i hope!

todd

- Darren - 06-25-2007

Todd -- did you over do it on your tires or was the pressure wrong?  It did heat up quite a bit and it seemed like the pack of cars you were running with all slowed down about 2/3's of the way through -- not just you.  Another 2 laps and I had Trevor I think!  Grr, why didn't I block him????

My car was running really well -- it really helped to run there last weekend at the RTR event to get in the groove.  I'm still about 1 sec off pace but turned a personal best (in the Integra) of 1:30.8 in the race on Sunday.  I found a lot of time in T3 -- brake less turn in earlier -- way early!

One of the most fun parts however, and you missed it Todd, was taking the dually out for parade laps!  Wow that was fun, no passing but we'd get up to about 85 on the straight, then brake hard, up on the curbing for 3, haha, too fun.  We did about 10 laps that way.  I'd fly on the straight, then the other cars would catch me on the turns.  Nothing like hot laps with 6 wheels and 8000 lbs!!!!

- bobt993 - 06-26-2007

Um, yes Todd.  Your "gravel Line" through T3 met my windshield when I was coming up on you T3-T4.  GGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.