Riesentöter Forums
Summit Point Hotel Block at Holiday Inn Express - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Summit Point Hotel Block at Holiday Inn Express (/showthread.php?tid=668)

Pages: 1 2 3

- jakp993 - 06-25-2007

Hey gang,

We have a block of rooms being held for both upcoming Summit Point events at the Holiday Inn Express in Charles Town, WV, about 20 minutes from the track.  The rate is $94.00 per night, plus tax.  You can call the Holiday Inn directly at 304-725-1330 or call the toll free reservation number at 1-888-465-4329 and reference "Porsche Club".  The block of rooms will be held until 8/8/07 for the August event and 10/8/07 for the November event.[indent]

[/indent]

- Tony356993 - 06-26-2007

Jack,

How's the parking for those of us that are trailer parking challenged?

- smankow - 06-26-2007

I'm sure that you could "rent" Graham to park your trailer - it's his side business Big Grin

You may be able to drop the trailer off at SP at which point the parking issues become "tow-vehicle challenged"

Steve

- catchacab - 06-26-2007

After staying a night at the Holiday Inn, you will be qualified to do anything, including parking your trailer because, "Last night I slept at a Holiday Inn!"

- smankow - 06-26-2007

not just a Holiday Inn - a Holiday Inn Express Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

- jakp993 - 06-26-2007

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:Jack,

How's the parking for those of us that are trailer parking challenged?

I dumped my trailer @ the track so I didn't have to deal with it. But, it didn't look bad. The lot is big and there are also places on the roadsides around the hotel.

It's a full :30 closer for us than Winchester. We go down Rt 15 and pick up Rt 340 right into Charles Town. Gotta believe it would be the same for you.

Jack

- Brian Minkin - 06-26-2007

jakp993 wrote:
Quote:I dumped my trailer @ the track so I didn't have to deal with it. But, it didn't look bad. The lot is big and there are also places on the roadsides around the hotel.

It's a full :30 closer for us than Winchester. We go down Rt 15 and pick up Rt 340 right into Charles Town. Gotta believe it would be the same for you.

Jack
If you are going in by Rt 340 around rush hour you will loose the 30 minute advantage due to the merge into a single lane at Harpers Ferry and the traffic light in Harpers Ferry. I used to go this way but find 81 to be faster.

Quote:If you are going in by Rt 340 around rush hour you will loose the 30 minute advantage due to the merge into a single lane at Harpers Ferry  and the traffic light in Harpers Ferry.  I used to go this way but find 81 to be faster.
I have had that same problem too. It is a good route w/o that problem - esp if you like to buy shrimp from the guy in the renovated antique bread truck. Smile

- Sechsgang - 06-26-2007

wait...what event(s) is this???

Summit in Aug & Nov.