Riesentöter Forums
Did every one have fun at the Glen? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Did every one have fun at the Glen? (/showthread.php?tid=671)

Pages: 1 2

- dmano - 08-06-2007

I had an absolute blast this weekend. Our club is by far the most fun of all the clubs I belong to and have belonged to in the past. Keep up the good work.  The Mustang worked far beyond my expectations. Now I need more umph. What a pleasure it was to run with the gang in white. 

- Sechsgang - 08-06-2007

I know I had a great time as well~~!!!!

- fasthonda - 08-06-2007

me too!!!!  (see post below)

todd

- Racingswh - 08-07-2007

Hey Dave,

It was a great time.  Did I tell you the factory Nissan part is $5.98!!!  The case harded titanium alloy forged and cryo treated unbreakable one is $28. lol!  Thanks for your help trying to get it fixed.  At least when it sits I can't hurt the motor!!

Got to give props to all I went on rides with this weekend.  I thought everyone did a great job driving and being safe.  Mano, your car works great and you drive it very well.  I was so, so happy to experience first hand Mankowski's car and driving.  Even though Meenan put the suspension on backwards it still works awesome!!  Mankowski was ringing quite a bit out of that car.  Really nice job!  My student Jennifer did a really nice job too, was very safe and wicked it up a couple times which made for some great rides.  I think the white blitz is a great learning tool for all those in white.  Got to do those every event.  I was also very proud of my father.  For all those that don't know we lost my Mom in an accident in the beginning of July.  It's been hard on him.  He wanted to come up with us anyway and it was good for him to get away.  He had a great time at the Glen this year and Myles did a great job instructing him.

My last ride of the weekend was the best.   Steve Meenan drives that Radical exceptionally well.  His line is correct and the consistent every lap.  Thanks to Dave Schenk for not overslowing as I checked his rear suspension pickup points and engine mounts going into turn 1 from the passenger side of the Radical.  It was awesome.   

I could go on and on.  Thanks to all my friends and everyone who helps to make these events great!!!  

- catchacab - 08-07-2007

I had so much fun, we should have at least 2 DE's there a year!

- LouZ - 08-07-2007

There's just nothing like the Glen! Where else can you have your foot to the floor thru 4 turns running in the 130's with the BLUE BUSHES just inches away!

Had a blast in Blue dicing it out with Jim K, Jim L and Pat G!!!

Like we all said: KUDOS to the organizers! RTR is one class club!

- JIMK - 08-07-2007

This driver DEFINITELY had a good time at the Glen this weekend.  It was a very good learning experience driving with, and sometimes through, some traffic.  Which for me was a VERY different experience compared to managing EVERY car on the track around me!

I had, and took, opportunities to drive different lines this weekend that I had never seen before because of passing – like approaching Turns 1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and even the Bus Stop!  I was NEVER closing on anyone like that with the 944!

I have to thank J.W. for instructing – God bless you and every one of the instructors that sit in a car with a stranger and say GO!

Also, I want to thank everyone that was on the track with me, in front of or behind, you helped me gain experience while piling on enjoyment of my P-Car.

Lastly, Lou,  I’d like to apologize for missing 3[suP]rd[/suP] and catching 5[suP]th[/suP] trying to get around the toe on SundayConfusedhock:

(but as a side note to that - even AFTER blowing a shift, the 968 kept pushing me until I had a settled car and could get back to 3rd and on my way!  Boy horsepower is COOL!

- Tony356993 - 08-07-2007

Sharon and I had a great time continuing to learn our "new" car. It is really nice to have a car that actually turns when you turn the wheel. Now if I could use the pedal in the middle A LOT less I could really have some fun. I have a bunch of learning still to do.

Kudos to the green group. I witnessed some nice lines, some good speed and a bit of patience while some of the faster students awaited pass signals.

The white group was very good. I had the chance to ride with 3  different white drivers over the w/e. Keith , Josh S. & Bob. They all took kindly to my suggestions and I learned some things from Keith and Josh also.

As I have stated before, I'll put RTR's program and driver's and instructors skill tops of all of the regions I have driven & instructed with.

- catchacab - 08-07-2007

Jim,

I like the new avitar. 

Did anyone take any pictures at the Glen?

- jakp993 - 08-07-2007

No pics, but I have some video of Myles & I driving my car (no - not at the same time) that I'm working on.  I'll post to Google Video and provide a link when I get finished.

Jack