Riesentöter Forums
MAW 2007 Info - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Riesentöter Charity (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: MAW 2007 Info (/showthread.php?tid=673)

- Bill Moffitt - 08-09-2007

Sept 2007 Make-A-Wish info
It looks as though the Ramada is going to be the best choice for the Make-A-Wish Saturday night banquet this year. 

The banquet is included in the registration fee for drivers.  Guests are welcome at a cost of $30 per person for the meal.

Rooms have been reserved at the Ramada at a special group rate of $89.  I think it would be best if the majority of the drivers stayed here so that we don't have to worry about drinking and driving.  The phone number for the Ramada Inn Pocono, route 940, Lake Harmony, PA is 570-443-8471.  When making reservations, the discount group code is RIPC.

I would also like to mention there is room for guests at the banquet and we will need reservations by September 10th-cost is $30 per person, cash bar.

Finally the Paddock Auction: Please send an email with the Following info to bill.moffitt.iii@smithbarney.com

- JIMK - 08-09-2007

Bill,

Any other fund raising activities at the track?  One year is was guest donations for hot laps in instructor's cars, another it was "Taste of DE" somewhat like Snidely.  Anything in the works to draw in NON DE people to the event?

BTW, the year we did rides for donations I made up a power point slide show - it could be updated & uploaded to the website to entice more people to the track...

Jim

- APXD 30 - 08-09-2007

Will there be another Lap-A-Thon?

- Bill Moffitt - 08-10-2007

Off course and you are the 2006 Lap-A-Thon King.  Will you retain the title this year?

Copies of the bid sheet will be located on the MAW portion of the RTR webpage.

Thanks

- Bill Moffitt - 08-10-2007

We will host the Driving Experience again this year.  Info is on the RTR webpage under the Make-A-Wish section.  Basically: $149 cost.  One hour classroom session on high speed driving by the one and only Jack Kramer.  Parade laps at Highway speeds in the student's car with and instructor.  Then instructor session laps in the instructor's car.

As quoted by a participant last year at the end of the instructor's lap session: "That was f*cking awesome!"

Don't let your buds, office mates or relatives miss out on this great experience that benefits a good cause.  Makes a terrific "Thank You" gift!  Jack Kramer has bought 10 for people at his work.

- APXD 30 - 08-10-2007

I hope to.   I may get some competition from the wife who will be driving next year or, maybe, we'll just team up.

- JIMK - 08-10-2007

JIMK wrote:
Quote:BTW, the year we did rides for donations I made up a power point slide show - it could be updated & uploaded to the website to entice more people to the track...

Jim
Bill it was too big and got rejected from your email account...

- Brian Minkin - 09-15-2007

Weather forcast looks real promising

Sep 21

[Image: 30.gif?12122006]
Partly Cloudy
68°[/b]/55°
10%
[Image: blank.gif] 68°F[/b]

Car Care Tips

Sat
Sep 22

[Image: 30.gif?12122006]