Riesentöter Forums
Other AX sites - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Other AX sites (/showthread.php?tid=68)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Wellardmac - 09-05-2006

I know I'm asking a charged question, considering the difficulties in locating AX sites, but if SCCA gets access to Warminster, how would we get access to that site?

It just crossed my mind that having an alternate location (in addition to Valley Forge) for an event next year might give us access to the large and fast courses that SCCA uses.

...just a thought. Would anyone be interested?

I don't know anyone in SCCA and I'm not sure that they would share their contact info, but I thought it might give us some options.

-W

- Brian Minkin - 09-05-2006

I know the use of this site was mentioned to Graham who is running for AX chair next year and he indicated he would find out more about how to contact the community group that controlls its use.  We tried to get this site a few years ago and where turned down based on the noise level of our cars and its proximity to a nursing facility.

- Wellardmac - 09-05-2006

Interesting... they turned us down, but allowed SCCA, which in my opinion seems to have noiser cars.

Well, hopefully Graham has some leads. If not, I can help by trying to find contacts.

- Brian Minkin - 09-05-2006

They turned SCCA down then as well

- smankow - 09-06-2006

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:I know the use of this site was mentioned to Graham who is running for AX chair next year and he indicated he would find out more about how to contact the community group that controlls its use. We tried to get this site a few years ago and where turned down based on the noise level of our cars and its proximity to a nursing facility.

Brian, I live in this area and there is no nursing facility in the area. Recently, they started construction of an Ann's Choice, but that is more of "senior housing" rather than nursing.

Hopefully, Graham will have some luck on Sunday. If not, I may have a contact for Warminster Township that he can call. Also, let's hope that the SCCA people will provide info for the Boeing facility and maybe a few others.

Steve

- Wellardmac - 09-06-2006

That would be really cool. We don't want to loose Valley Forge (considering how difficult it was to get), but it would also be nice to get access to other facilities.

-W

- bltst2 - 09-13-2006

Has anyone every tried Philadelphia Park?  Everytime I drive by there, there is tons of open parking lot available.

Of course, if that is not available, then laps around the track is an option...Might get make the cars a mess, but what fun!

- Brian Minkin - 09-13-2006

We have contacted Philadelphia Park and they will rent us the lot.  However the price per day is not within our reach.  If I remember it was $5000 for a day.  We would have to have a $100 registration fee to use this facility.

- TwentySix - 09-13-2006

Quote:We have contacted Philadelphia Park and they will rent us the lot. 

I've heard they're building a slot parlor there, so that site will be gone soon..

- betegh9 - 09-18-2006

I know of a nice large lot in Blue Bell that I have mentioned to a couple of exec members. I guess it has gone in one ear and out the other, and prefer to pay lots of $$$$$to the Scantion and loose money in every event.

If you go to Google Earth, you might find it.......Can you guess which lot it is?