Riesentöter Forums
Rate Summit Point (main track) - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Rate Summit Point (main track) (/showthread.php?tid=702)

- catchacab - 07-16-2007

Time to rate the main track at Summit Point.  Again you may use your own set of criteria (drive there, track layout, amenities, corner workers, distance from home, condition of the track surface, etc)

If you haven't rated Watkins Glen, please do so

- smankow - 07-17-2007

here's something that is very interesting.

in this poll, 4 voters (at this time) said that SP was so bad that they wouldn't go.  However, in the "what track wouldn't you drive with RTR" poll, no one said that they wouldn't drive SP.

- catchacab - 07-17-2007

Steve, only one said he wouldn't run there.  There are a total of 4 votes so far.

- smankow - 07-17-2007

sorry - operator error

- dmano - 07-17-2007

I love the Point, where else do you REALLY have to know how to drive to drive a track fast. I have been on the track on a bike and a small GT1 car and my big blue boat and have never had as much fun on any other track. All the problems with the track just make you a better driver on a good track. It also makes you relize all the suspension problems you have with your car. The Point is a great learning track for you and your cars potential.

- ccm911 - 07-17-2007

Well said!!

What kind of bike did you take out on the track?

- JIMK - 07-17-2007

I love the point.  It's as short a travel time as WGI and only one real hill to contend with, so the little red car was a fun car to track.   The street suspension made for a lot of body roll but didn't show me how bumpy the track is - another learning point with a stiffer car.

I like how 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 are connected.  If you get them right even a low HP car can get over the hill to 10, well I'll say "briskly" instead of "fast".  That section of the track really enforces consistency.  That makes me a better driver.

- dmano - 07-17-2007

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:Well said!!

What kind of bike did you take out on the track?
Back in the day, Barry and I raced with WERA in the 500 and 600 singles class riding Honda's. We also ran a few endurance races with our old thumpers. Back in the day meaning vintage 80's.

- michael lang - 07-19-2007

I like it because it is only 40 mins from my house, it's extemely easy for me to spend the afternoon there with one of both of the little heads. I also like that track because as a beginner it has been somewhat easy for me to learn on and not having to worry about getting into trouble while on the track. I'm not crazy about the fact that there are way too many deer running around there but I guess you can't have everything. My only problem is not being able to participate in as many DE's as I would like too (if I were only single again).