Riesentöter Forums
Summit Pt. Clubrace Oct 5, 6, 7...whos going? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Club Racing (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Summit Pt. Clubrace Oct 5, 6, 7...whos going? (/showthread.php?tid=756)

Pages: 1 2

- Sechsgang - 09-27-2007

Any other RTR members going other than Dave Schenk and Dave M?

This is going to be my first so I cant wait to see what happens!

- michael lang - 09-29-2007

The club race hasn't been what it should be over the last few years. I can remember years when the club race has been absolutely packed. Last year for example, it was like being at a DE. Hardly any spectators! I really encourage you to come. It's very cool seeing some of the bigger money teams and their equipment. The Cup cars are unbelievably fast. Black & Red DE guys are fast, these guys raise the bar. I am planning on being there on one of if not two days. Friday's not an option for me.

- bobt993 - 09-29-2007

Michael last year was the worse weather at Summit I have ever witnessed.  I think this year will be great.  Unfortunately, I had to pull out of the race because of all the $$ I spent on getting the car back on the road.  Work also conflicts with Friday practice.  Good luck guys.   BTW sit in the carousel stands if you go, best action and carnage for a spectator.

- Sechsgang - 09-29-2007

hopefully...none of that carnage will be involving me...

Im only with 6-7 other guys in my class though...so a top 10 finish is promised if I can just finish...Ken is running though...so hell probably scare atleast 2 other cars into some sort of offroad excursion...

- michael lang - 09-29-2007

Yes bobt993, Fri & Sat's weather last year absolutely sucked. I remember it well because I borrowed a fender roller from one of the racers and I was supposed to pick it up on Sat but decided not to go because of all the rain. Sunday's weather ended up being clear and dry.

Even over the last few years I've noticed a drop off in attendance. I'm not really sure why. But it's really important to get the word out  and keep attendance up otherwise that race will do the same thing as the Jefferson 500 did this past spring.

- Sechsgang - 09-30-2007

I dunno...I guess the fact that its at summit is really the reason for low attendance...just doesnt seem like a "special" enough place to be in comparison to the Glen or Daytona...especially if you ARENT driving...

- ccm911 - 10-01-2007

Sechsgang wrote:
Quote:...especially if you ARENT driving...
Bingo! Spot On!

You get the award today. I like to drive on a road course. But to watch?? ZZzzzz!

- Sechsgang - 10-06-2007

FWIW...

RTR is representing...Dave Shenk got 3rd place in his sprint race and I got 1st in both of mine.

Great weather out here too!

- michael lang - 10-06-2007

My daughter & I were out there yesterday afternoon, I noticed a couple of cars that I recognized from RTR events.

- Mark Fox - 10-08-2007

I heard one of our young guys nailed a deer out of T-3.  Are they OK and how is the car? Sad