Riesentöter Forums
Portable GPS - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Portable GPS (/showthread.php?tid=783)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- LouZ - 08-01-2007

Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:Well'ard has been in the English (read - REAL English) language for almost 20 years. Wink

....and "ain't" has been in the dictionary just as long!

And then there's YO!

- Wellardmac - 08-01-2007

All:

I will refer you to Forum Rule #1:
1. No flaming: debates are ok, but responding to threads just to incite or start an argument or conflict is not permitted. Personal attacks, if hostile in nature, are not allowed.

The personal attacks in this thread are crossing the line. Please find the distinction between debating an idea and opinion and attacking a person. Let's calm things down. I can take a bit of fun, but attacking is not acceptable.

- Tony356993 - 08-01-2007

this thread is sounding like "the view" . who wants to play rosie and who wants to play barbara? really boys.

- dmano - 08-01-2007

Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:I've never found the extended warranties to be of much value.

It all depends on how you use the equipment, but if you treat something well, then usually it doens't fail before the extended period is over.

The only exception I've seen to this rule was me buying an extended warranty on my wife's iPod, but that was because she not careful with stuff like that and is always dropping it. It was the only time in 20 years that I've bought and used an extended warranty.
Just remember your original quote seen above. You like to use the word I'VE alot in all your listings as this is YOUR opinion and it's the only one that counts. Your entitled to it. YOU bashed mine about extended coverage like I am a brut and do not take care of my products. You don't know me or what I have. All my things are well taken care of, I just use my stuff alot more than you. Tell me all about YOUR STATS and we will find out from the forum who realy cares. DO you have insurance on your car, house, health, family if so why not the things you use every day. Damn I sound like an insurance salemen!!!! NOOOOT

You can use your all mighty power to threaten me by banning me if you so choose. Just like Steve.

All this wimpering about other peoples opinion if you don't like it or agree then don't post up.

Have a wonderful day Big Grin

- catchacab - 08-01-2007

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:this thread is sounding like "the view" . who wants to play rosie and who wants to play barbara? really boys.
I'll be Rosie. I will continue to be ugly, but atleast I will continue to be sleeping with women.

if i'm barbara, do you want me to take my teeth out?

- catchacab - 08-01-2007

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:if i'm barbara, do you want me to take my teeth out?
NO!, just nibble lightlyConfusedhock:

if your rosie, you may not feel a light nibble. Confusedhock:

- Wellardmac - 08-01-2007

David,
You are correct - I posted my opinions and experiences. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Even better when they're backed up with facts.

At no point did I post a personal attack. At no point did I say that you abused your belongings. I apologize if you feel that I did say that, but if you re-read my comments I believe that you'll find that I made no aspersions towards you, because as we both acknowledge, we do not know eachother. I'm not in the business of making comments on things or people that I do not know. I did comment that my wife needs warranties because she's careless with her iPod. Smile

The line was crossed in this forum when the discussion went from a discussion on the merits of warranties to a personal attack on me. Schoolyard behavior is not acceptable unless you do it to my face and allow me to respond, rather than in a forum where my position prevents me from responding to your comments in the manner that they might deserve. Personal attacks are in violation of forum rules and will obtain a response that you didn't intend and may not like.

As I said before, stay on topic and address the merits of a discussion, don't personally attack the people. The topics that came up here were way off base.

This forum is about having fun, having lively discussion, and enjoying our cars, not posting attacks on fellow members. That kind of behavior drives away members and sours the atmosphere. A buddy of mine (not a Porsche owner) stopped by here a few months ago and was appauled by the way that some treated others. It's sad that he went away with a poor opinion of a community that I think brings a lot of value.

... and on another note. I'm glad that Rosie is gone (not that I ever watched Tony's favorite show). Big Grin

Edit:
Just for clarity - I didn't have to post the comments I did above, as everything has been said to the relevent people by PM.

The reason I did post is because I believe in openness and transparency. I try to do what I say and say what I mean (I'd use the word congruous/incongruous, but some might mock my "fancy" language). I believe people should judge me by my actions and my words and see that they are consistent with eachother. I try to lead by example and you are all equally valid in calling me on my behavior if I do not hold to my word.

- ccm911 - 08-01-2007

So what about that GPS?  Heh Heh

And should I buy the extnded warranty?Big Grin