Riesentöter Forums
New Hope Auto Show August 11th - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Concours (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: New Hope Auto Show August 11th (/showthread.php?tid=796)

Pages: 1 2

- Brian Minkin - 07-30-2007

The New hope Auto Show will have a Porsche Display and Concours Judging on Saturday August 11th 2007.  They need Pre 1979 Porsche Cars for the event.

Here is a Link to the Registration Page.

http://www.newhopeautoshow.com/html/registration.htm

By the way I was the Second Place winner at the New Hope Shpw in 1998 showing a 1977 911 Targa.

- Porshagod - 07-30-2007

I think most people will be greatly disappointed if they go to the New Hope Show expecting to see a large number of Porsches on display.

A little history. This show has been around for 50 years. I have attended and/or participated in this show for over 15 years and was at the show last year. After having NO show for 4 years due to "location issues", the first year back was last year. The new directors, in their infinite wisdom, had put a year limit of all cars at 1973, meaning a car had to be over 33 years old to be eligible for the show! Due to this fact, I believe there were only 5 cars on display in the Porsche class. This year the limit is 1979. That means a car must be over 28 years old to be eligible for the show. This policy severely limits the amount of cars that can be entered in the show. The AACA classifies an "antique" as a car over 25 years old, and a "classic" over 20. Why doesn't the New Hope Auto Show follow the guidelines set by the AACA for year restrictions? You would think that after no show for 4 years, the directors of the show would loosen their year restriction policy, to help stimulate the number of show entrants, as opposed to tightening it.

Either way, it is still a fun "car thing" to do on a Saturday afternoon, but is is far from the premier car event that The New Hope Auto Show once was.

- JIMK - 07-31-2007

Porshagod wrote:
Quote:... The AACA classifies an "antique" as a car over 25 years old, and a "classic" over 20...

I have a 1992 - 968 w/ PA Classic plate - newly registered in July this year.

15+ is the age threshold.

- Porshagod - 07-31-2007

JIMK wrote:
Quote:Porshagod wrote:
Quote:... The AACA classifies an "antique" as a car over 25 years old, and a "classic" over 20...

I have a 1992 - 968 w/ PA Classic plate - newly registered in July this year.

15+ is the age threshold.

I believe 15+ is the age threshold for the State of PA, which may be different than the AACA classification that I was referring to.

- Wellardmac - 07-31-2007

Pity, I've not been before and was hoping to attend.

By your description, the Hatboro Moonlight Memories parade is more fun... I'll haave to look up when that is, as I always enjoy it.

- Porshagod - 07-31-2007

Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:Pity, I've not been before and was hoping to attend.

By your description, the Hatboro Moonlight Memories parade is more fun... I'll haave to look up when that is, as I always enjoy it.
Don't get me wrong, as I said, it's still a fun "car thing" to do, with plenty of other cool cars to see! I still plan on attending, weather permitting.

- Wellardmac - 07-31-2007

Cool! I love old car shows, but they're best when well attended and organized. How big a pain is it to get parking?

- Porshagod - 07-31-2007

Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:Cool! I love old car shows, but they're best when well attended and organized. How big a pain is it to get parking?
The parking situation is not too bad. I suggest you get there early for the best parking (and to beat the sun and heat), check out all the cars, then drive into New Hope and have a nice lunch at a restaurant on the river!

- smankow - 08-01-2007

Hatboro's car show was on July 28th

- Wellardmac - 08-01-2007

Bugger. I thought it was normally in August. I like to attend that one.