Riesentöter Forums
Der Gasser - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Der Gasser (/showthread.php?tid=80)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Tony356993 - 09-18-2006

Jack,

Very well stated. Smile

I'm a rookie instructor and someone who was in the green group 6 years ago. I have not forgotten how nervous I was and how intimidating it was entering the track for the first  time. I always try and find the "newbies" and help them with simple basics at registration, parking, hotels, etc. People helped me and I really enjoy giving back.

My first event was a mess and thank goodness that Ed K. was my second instructor. He really calmed me down and worked as much on my brain, attitude and nerves as we did trying to find "the line". Instructing is very demanding physically and emotionally and I am trying to learn my new role and get better every session in the car with my students. It only takes a second for a problem to occur..........and they will occur. I feel my job is to anticipate that anything can happen and always "plan an out" for every possible problem. I'm learning and eager to learn more.

Tony Scalies

- sandor - 09-19-2006

wellardmac wrote:
Quote:I didn't realize that you were open to receiving images. I usually photograph every event that I attend and have ample photographs. I'll gladly send you high resolution photos of any event.

Here is a link to some of my Porsche photos...

http://web.mac.com/wellardmac/iWeb/Porsche/PCA%20Events.html

-W

Of course i take images! I wish i had the time to go to every single event the club is involved in, but alas, i'm not retired yet Smile

Anyway, yes, Tony does it best, mailing me a DVD of high res images-it takes a little longer, but is much higher quality in the end.

thanks!

- Wellardmac - 09-19-2006

PM an address to me and I'll make sure that you get copies, otherwise I can give you access to full size images by download, which would be faster.

- smankow - 09-19-2006

wellardmac wrote:
Quote:PM an address to me and I'll make sure that you get copies, otherwise I can give you access to full size images by download, which would be faster.
W, if you look in the back of der gasser, you'll find the address

- Wellardmac - 09-19-2006

I'm an all electronic kinda guy, you not figured that out yet? I can keep on top of every post in a forum, but paper copies of my paper periodicals are stacked up unread for the last 9 months.

Smile

...I've never really gotten along with paper.

- ccm911 - 09-20-2006

Well.......what can I say except to thank you so much for the compliment.

Sandor(much more) and I work pretty hard to get out a quality publication each month, and based on your comments, it is awesome to know that people are actually reading what we publish.  Sandor has the hard job of putting it all together, while  I get the fun job of writing.

What seems to be a recurring theme is the lack of content produced by our local members. In other words, for Der Gasser to work, and ultimately flourish, we really need some more writers.

As it stands now, John Floyd and I seem to do a lot of the writing.  And as you may have noticed our styles are quite different, and as I like to think, complimentary.  John has extraordinary eyes and ears for detail.  He can tell a story that will make you fel like you are actually there.  He just gets tighter and tighter with each successive piece.

Now my writing on the other hand is what I like to think of as "reality based satire". Have you ever heard of that square in England where any idiot can get up on a soapbox and espouse his views?  Well, in the case of Der Gasser, I am the idiot on the soapbox.  I write these articles for a bunch of reasons.  For one, I like to think  I am entertaining our readers.  I mean, I can go on and on about how great it is to drive a Porsche.  But the unfortunate fact is that there are tons of folks out there already doing that, and doing it better than I can.  But what I can do is put out a monthly column that hopefully, not only entertains, but makes folks engage in constructive exchanges.  And I do receive a lot of feedback to that effect.

Now a few months back, I ended my column by inviting those who disagree to join in the fray.  Please, write a piece and attack my views.  That is what an open exchange is all about.  And as long as folks don't take things too personally, we can have great fun, while still being entertaining.   

So to end this long post.......relax and don't take everything so personally.  Come on and join the fray.  Have some fun.  Why not write an article tearing up everything I say.  It'll be fun.  I promise.  You are writing quite well on this forum, so why not kick it up a notch and write for Der Gasser.

That's what I would call a win-win. 

- Tony356993 - 09-20-2006

ccm,

Hope to see you this w/e @ the Pocono event. We'll all have fun. Big Grin

Tony Scalies

- sandor - 09-21-2006

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:Well.......what can I say except to thank you so much for the compliment.

Sandor(much more) and I work pretty hard to get out a quality publication each month...

honestly, i think you have many more late nights each month than i do. i'm lucky if i remember to change the article title month to month...

- Wellardmac - 09-21-2006

sandor,
Hopefully you've seen the discussion on the AX forum about trying to make changes to AX to get greater participation, would you be in favor of an article (at some point) in Der Gasser to take this discussion to the membership?

- catchacab - 09-24-2006

Chris,

You forgot Illaqua for Club Racers.  You can expect to see him on the podium.

Philisophical, and High Performance Driving automobile dynamics disagreements to follow (when I have the time to put all of my thoughts on this subject together).

Good article (as far as subject matter), hopefully will get everyone thinking and talking

-Eric Hans