Riesentöter Forums
Controversial?? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Controversial?? (/showthread.php?tid=84)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- STEVEMCMORN - 09-20-2006

Had a cr*ppy day at work so just fancy being controverial.....

Sacrilegious I know but...... if RTR autoX doesn't attract enough entries and actually loses money, should we consider scrapping them completely and simply piggy backing on the back of SCAA events???

Just throwing it out there

- Brian Minkin - 09-20-2006

The exec has discussed this and decided to continue with our own AX progam.  Some of the reasons discussed:

Many of our members are looking for a less competitive AX progam then the SCCA runs.

At SCCA events you do not get as many runs as our events offer.

SCCA events do not foster a competative inter club compitition among the various clases of porsche cars.

When we have participated in other clubs AX events we have only gotten 10 or 12 drivers to participate.

The loss from the AX progam is not putting a crunch on the club treasury at this time. Fortunetly other events are well enough attended to offset the cost to run the AX program.  However to get things like new timing equipment with a visual display do require better participation from members so the program is self funded.

However if someone wants to organize a AX team to attend other clubs AX events I am sure the exec will support that effort.

- STEVEMCMORN - 09-20-2006

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:However if someone wants to organize a AX team to attend other clubs AX events I am sure the exec will support that effort.
I spoke to the tall guy who is standing for autoX chair next year at the last meeting in ?Fort Washington and offered to do this

- betegh9 - 09-20-2006

STEVEMCMORN wrote:
Quote:Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:However if someone wants to organize a AX team to attend other clubs AX events I am sure the exec will support that effort.
I spoke to the tall guy who is standing for autoX chair next year at the last meeting in ?Fort Washington and offered to do this

How will the Exec support an AX team? Have a run-off to find the best drivers in each class and then pay their way to compete against Chesepeak Or Potomac regions? Oh! Maybe we can make neat team T shirts that all the team members can wear.

What TALL guy? does he have a name? Is he taking part in this Forum? If not, lets get him in here and brainstorm him with all the iteas and venues. The meeting must have been in Willow grove, I live neat Ft Washington, and I know it wasn't there.

- Marty Kocse - 09-20-2006

The tall guy I think is Graham Knight.

- smankow - 09-21-2006

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:The meeting must have been in Willow grove, I live neat Ft Washington, and I know it wasn't there.
I guess you don't go to our website or read der gasser or the membership meeting section of this forum because it was listed in both. Also, our president, Tom Zaffarano, sends emails out to all members with "valid" addresses about the meeting.

- betegh9 - 01-09-2007

First, If you want to have a meet against other P clubs, you will have to know what classes and rules they run. (they are as different as the number of clubs we have in the ZONE.) You will have to find drivers with their own cars that would fit into the other club clasifications and from there on, it gets complicated, not controversial.

But if you like, I can give any and all of you interested would be AXers the schedule of the P club Ax events that are available in the area, and maybe have a bunch of guys and GALS just compete at their venues. Be aware that many drivers at these other clubs have maximized the potential of their cars based on the class rules they are in, and therefore are very, VERY FAST.

- betegh9 - 01-09-2007

First, If you want to have a meet against other P clubs, you will have to know what classes and rules they run. (they are as different as the number of clubs we have in the ZONE.) You will have to find drivers with their own cars that would fit into the other club clasifications and from there on, it gets complicated, not controversial.

But if you like, I can give any and all of you interested would be AXers the schedule of the P club Ax events that are available in the area, and maybe have a bunch of guys and GALS just compete at their venues. Be aware that many drivers at these other clubs have maximized the potential of their cars based on the class rules they are in, and therefore are very, VERY FAST.

- STEVEMCMORN - 01-10-2007

We are looking into the idea of attending other local P club autoX meets in 2007 - please post or send me their schedules as a PM and we'll get back to you in a few weeks with our plan of action ..........

- ccm911 - 01-10-2007

smankow wrote:
Quote:betegh9 wrote:
Quote:The meeting must have been in Willow grove, I live neat Ft Washington, and I know it wasn't there.
I guess you don't go to our website or read der gasser or the membership meeting section of this forum because it was listed in both. Also, our president, Tom Zaffarano, sends emails out to all members with "valid" addresses about the meeting.

For the new year it would be really nice for you to drop the condescending remarks to others on this forum. Now that you are on the exec, you should strive to set a better example.

Nick is very involved, and your tone is completely unnecessary.