Riesentöter Forums
Controversial?? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Controversial?? (/showthread.php?tid=84)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Brian Minkin - 01-12-2007

It was brought up at the Exec that perhaps either having a cook out or getting a lunch truck to visit the site at lunch break so people dont have to leave to get lunch could enhance the social aspect of AX.  I thought it was a good idea.

- Wellardmac - 01-12-2007

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:It was brought up at the Exec that perhaps either having a cook out or getting a lunch truck to visit the site at lunch break so people dont have to leave to get lunch could enhance the social aspect of AX. I thought it was a good idea.

I think that's a very good idea, as everyone seems to head their own separate ways at lunchtime. Elizabeth also had a good suggestion of having some sort of tent for shade to encourage people to share cover and eat together.

I can approve of that... being fair skinned I burn like crazy and I really have to stop doing that. Anything that helps shade us from the sun is good. Smile

- betegh9 - 01-12-2007

man! and Ladies!
Lots of stuff came in on this thread while I was gone for 12 hoursConfusedhock:
I'll try to remember ALL the comments, but it's hard, like the last gateBig Grin. A well organized event, with enough WORKERS (and it's not that hard of a job) can result in 8 runs per driver without costing more, and staying till the sun goes down. I agree to make this also a "SOCIAL" with food and drink, blah blah, blah, but to get as many runs as possible, the event must run continuously, sending a car off the starting line every 20 seconds. Not everybody works at the same time, turns are taken in working, driving and socializing, believe me there is time for ALL that. I have experienced this with over 100 entrants. That totals to 800 runs, or 4.5 hours of time, now we add time for (switching workers to loafers, loafers to socializers and socializers to workers) 20 min for each switch times 3 equals another hour.
If registration opens at 8am, and we start the runs at 10am and run contunuously as I discribed and add an extra hour for mistakes, incidentals, etc, there is NO reason not to end at a leisure time of 4pm.
The use of the lot would be maximized, there will be ACTION, 2 TO 3 Cars on course at all times, social, trash talk and even instructor training. :dude:

Wally, You are not saying much being to RTR ax events the last 2 years......That was only 4 events in all. When is vendor's nite? I am a cheap skate, they don't like me.Big Grin

Oh! I'll adopt my new uncle, Billy Gates, and get him to provide us a lot, ready to go with ALL THE AMENITIES ((brick BBQ grill)Wink

Tony, based on my calculations above, there is no need for a higher fee. Other clubs charge now $30 for members and $35 for non-members. As an individual, you can enter 2 cars, run in 2 separate classes, pay 2 fees, twice the runs, but unfortunately you also have to work. YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE SOCIAL PART OUT.
2 years ago, I entered 2 separate club events on the same day, I ran 2 separate courses, driving from one lot to the next and back (the lots were adjacent to each other) alternating runs, also working in both. I was exhausted at the end of the day, but it was very rewarding.......FTD in one club and just missed FTD in the other by 1/10th of a secondSad

Brian, what happened to people bringing their own coolers and sandwiches? I am sure DE people know all about that!!Confusedhock:

Elizabeth, Hi! HNY to you! Last July event, everybody hudleled under the timing tent, the only shady cool spot.....GREAT! But it was also disrupting the work that Terry was trying to accomplish, so having a shady area, near but not at timing is nice. Knowing the times, or anouncing would be a great conversation keeper.:dude:

Thaaaaa, Thaaaaaa! Thats ALL folks! till next time.

RED EYE SPECIAL

- Tony356993 - 01-12-2007

Quote:Brian, what happened to people bringing their own coolers and sandwiches? I am sure DE people know all about that!!Confusedhock:

They have progressed to pre-event order taking, food shopping, money collecting, bigger coolers, gas grills, Terry chained to a grill, etc........Big Grin

I guess Terry will have to do timing, scoring and cooking,,,,you go girl. Wink

- betegh9 - 01-12-2007

Poor Terry!
You give em your hand, they take your ARM......WHAT'S NEXT?

I vote to DOUBLE Terry's modest SALARYCool